"𝐁𝐚𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐞" (𝐗𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐫𝐚)

Do you just ever stare at a person and in your mind you go "damn, she's perfect" shake your head softly in disbelief and be like that again because that is the daily mantra of my mind every time Xandra will appear. I know it is too cliché and unrealistic to say that Xandra is the most beautiful-perfect-in-every-way kind of woman but she is.

I tried convincing myself that it was probably because I'm attracted to her physically but no, at first look Xandra was a total bitch. You wouldn't like her at all but if you were in my position who is sentenced to live the rest of my life until I'm old enough and could live alone to move out of my father's house then you have no other option but to deal with her every single day.

I used to hate her because I thought she hated me because all of a sudden there's a teenager living in her house and is technically her step daughter that is if she wanted to marry my father. On my way here, I figured this wasn't the life Xandra signed up for so I couldn't blame her but she love my father enough, she would have to deal with me one way or another.

Imagine having to cook thrice a day for someone who you don't know just because she is your boyfriend's daughter? Must be irritating, plus, she's a horrible cook. Couldn't even do a perfect sunny side up or cook the pasta without over boiling. That was when we started to talk.

Although, I couldn't see her interest in learning how to properly cook edible meals whenever I teach her, I could see she was really trying and oh, seeing Xandra having her blonde hair in a low ponytail while sweat bead up on the sides of her face while she cooks is something that turns me on. Her, being so domestic generally turns me on.

One time I got home from school expecting another chinese take out in the kitchen for dinner but I saw her, patiently waiting for the pizza to be cooked in the oven while wiping the counter and made sure it they were spotless.

I didn't know what I was supposed to feel after that. She cooked the pizza for dinner because during the morning I was craving for pizza and I might have said it aloud. Thoughtful of her to satisfy my craving, I won't say it was the best pizza but hey, she made it and I appreciated it so much so I'd give a 10 for the effort and 7 for the pizza. In the end though, still, we called for chinese food.

My father would be gone for approximately 10 days because of work and today is his departure and at the same time it's the start of my spring break, I'm too lucky I know. Walking down the stairs, I heard him and Xandra talking softy.

As I descend the stairs, I caught Xandra discreetly looking at my direction while she speak to my father whose back is facing me. Smiling, I walk silently past them. I didn't bother to bid him as I know he was going to leave any time soon and goodbyes isn't really a thing for us. In the kitchen, I saw my favourite mug already filled with coffee. Xandra.

The smile never left my lips, glancing over my shoulder I watch how Xandra help him get into his coat, as she usher him out saying he would be late for his flight. When it's finally just the two of us, she joined me, sitting on the opposite side of the round table.

"So what do you think we should do now?" I looked at her as I gulped some of the coffee.

"Improve your cooking skills because these sucks." It was too blunt than I intended, it sounded so believable for Xandra plus my impassive emotion. She looks at me with hurt in her eyes and goes, "Oh..." while eyeing the breakfast.

"I'm kidding. It's good – like really. Thank you."

I noticed my father never really paid attention to the things she did that made her own self proud. He is way too busy to see the sadness in her eyes every time he would rather choose to eat the take out than the food she prepared or to even acknowledge them, not even a half-meant compliment just to cheer up his girlfriend. So as much as I can, I try not being an asshole for her. One is enough and that is my father.