𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐚𝐫𝐞 (𝐀𝐮𝐝𝐫𝐞𝐲 𝐓𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐚𝐥𝐥)

a/n: This thing is the most loving and pure I've ever written in a while and it's the shortest one too. I just don't want to mess it up anymore by adding too much. This is perfect as is ( for me)

also this is requested by lady_dragonyy (Audrey x Reader when she comes back from filming)

___

The material was crisp under her fingertips that continued to glide over the surface; it felt fresh and new.

Audrey's glossed lips stretched into soft grin, appreciating the fact that you altered the bed covers anticipating for her arrival. Her nose soon familiarized with the distinct smell of fabric that developed after being kept in the closet along with the floral sweet scent of jasmine lingering in the air matching the tropical smell of candle that you left burning in the room just a few moments ago to fetch a pitcher of water for Audrey, she get really thirsty when waking up in the middle of the night.

When you came back, your wife was still in the same position you left her, perched on her side of the bed, the candle brightly burned and the colours faintly reflect on her skin, winning against the dimly lit wall lamp. She looked so wonderful and you took your time, gazing at your wife, shoulder leaning on the doorframe.

Audrey's hair had grown over the course of time she had been gone, you could perfectly notice that because of her naturally dark roots peaking from her bleached hair and it was the perfect length to thread your fingers through and just kiss her slowly. Any length was good but there was something with her overgrown pixie haircut that made her irresistibly charming, too charming for her own good, really. She got to have everything with just a bat of her lashes and a little pouting.

While Audrey would overly feel so good about herself and her blush popping on her cheeks whenever you randomly stop in your tracks to take a second and appreciate her, she just couldn't bear not having you in her arms anymore so she interrupted your bubble of thoughts, "Love, what are you doing? Come here now." her thick voice cut through.

Audrey's tired eyes remained undeniably enticing despite the unconcealed under eye bags and faint pigmentation on her upper lids from her lack of sleep.

Gently, you placed the pitcher and glass over her table side, "I needed a moment to appreciate my wife, my Audrey." The tip your nose brushed against her, eyes dramatically close on their own as Audrey's breath ghosted upon your lips. And she responded with a wide smile showing her teeth, and wrinkles visible along the side of her eyes before she wrapped both arms around your neck and pulled you in to kiss her.

The kiss was nothing more but a gentle reminder of how much you loved her, it was steady, so easy, appreciative and pure. Something Audrey longed to feel for quite a while after the numerous mouth to mouth interaction with her co-star during the filming of her new movie. She wanted nothing more but to feel those light feminine lips of yours.

"You know what it does to me, darling." She remarked while pulling you on top of her. Slowly, you guided her back onto the bed and when she finally did, you hover over her body, Audrey held onto the collar of your silk pajama top.

"How did I get so lucky?" you asked, mostly to yourself, as you caressed her cheek with the pad of your thumb, distracted by the soft flesh that clung to her elegant bone structure. Everything about your wife was simply incomparable. No one in this world could be far more attractive than your Audrey.

Audrey was unresponsive, internally melting at your words, she couldn't say anything or do anything but look into your eyes and there she found the comforting truth in your words. If anyone was truly lucky, it was her. She was convinced that it was her and not you. To have found you was the best thing that ever happened to her. Not her awards, not her career, not Rory-oh, fuck that twat, you, just you alone.

"I'm happy to have you back again, Audrey. Everything is easier when you're around even if you're useless in the house. I'd rather have you here than anywhere else." Audrey did playfully roll her eyes at the backhanded compliment but she grinned, nose crinkling adorably and you just gotta love her smile.

"I love you, darling. It's indeed good to be back home." With the word home, she didn't necessarily mean the typical definition, but you. Her home was wherever you were, her home was within your arms, in your presence, under your warm gaze and loving smile. Home was here, close to you, breathing in your scent and just listening to your heartbeat until she fell asleep safe and sound in your arms.