𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐧 𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐲𝐨𝐮 (𝐖𝐢𝐥𝐡𝐞𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐚 𝐕𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞)

requested by cordeliasss

Note: This is supposedly just soft smut and fluff but things got out of hand. I hope I manage to live up to your expectation.

Summary: What if Wilhemina didn't accept Mutt and Jeff's offer and left.

____

The gust of wind hums to her ears, as well as the rustling of leaves on the pavement. Everything around her springs to life. She has opened her eyes to the world and is completely immersed in the present.

Previously, everything in her eyes was an image, muted, boring, and inconsequential. Her existence, her survival, revolved solely around herself, her job, and you. None of the rest mattered. Today, it's as if she's finally emerged from the murky water, finally seeing life and colour, finally hearing everything after keeping her head ducked down for so long, ignorant of life outside her own.

"The world is ending, Ms Venable. The apocalypse is coming." Mutt exclaimed. Jeff mimicked an explosive sound. "In less than forty-eight hours."

Wilhemina turned herself around, picking up the last piece of her belonging from the white drawer on the further back of the office. She internally laughed, why would she listen to these unreliable cokeheads?

There's no way god has sent his messenger to warn humanity and have carelessly chosen these two to bring forth the message. But what if it's not from him but his enemy?

"Bullshit. I'm leaving and I don't care if it's the end of time." But she heard her voice break, her heart sinking in the pit of her stomach. Maybe she's scared. Deep down she's always been scared of the end of all things. Wilhemina gave herself a few seconds before she projected a calm, well collected expression and posture.

"Don't say we didn't warn you, Miss Venable."

Should she have listened? She knows them and they are anything but liars. The end of the world isn't their usual go to punch line. So it is the truth then?

Wilhemina's fist squeezed tighter on the head of her cane as she stood in the middle of the parking lot, the sun blazing brightly in her face, but the woman was unconcerned. You are a sun worshipper. Her mind is overwhelmed with the thought of you in an instant. She wonders if you're looking at the sun right now, bathing in it and enjoying how it feels, despite the fact that most of the time the sun is nothing more than a decoration.

"Miss Venable?" The poor boy interrupted, balancing the box in his arms and staring confusedly at the woman. Don't snap, don't snap, don't snap. It might as well be his last breath, be nice.

Wilhemina diverted her eyes to the employee and surprisingly they don't depict irritation. "Yes. I'm sorry." The world is going to be doomed anyway, he'll forget that she said those words. The woman unlocked the vehicle and opened the passenger's door to allow the employee to slip her box in the backseat. "Thank you." She murmured.

___

When she arrived, she immediately sought for your warmth, eager to have you enclosed within her arms and hold you until her arms feels like they're going to fall off. She wanted to tell you how much she's in love with you, how much she adores your crooked smile, she loves everything about yourself that you are most conscious of.

When your absence in the living room welcomed her, a chunk of her heart ached. As fast as her feet could, she waltz over your office and you're still aren't there. So she padded to the bedroom but it's empty. Where are you?