𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐓𝐞𝐬𝐭 (𝐂𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐚 𝐆𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐞)

In a night so dark, Cordelia sauntered to the green house seeing the lights were still lit up. Her head shook softly, thinking one of the girls must have left it open when they used it. A soft knitted blanket was wrapped around her physique, shielding her petite body to the harshness of the wind.

Hearing a faint humming, Cordelia then cautiously took her steps. Her eyes were alert and having her hand freed the garment of the blanket in case she had to use her magic with one swift movement of her hand. But then as she entered the greenhouse it was no burglar nor a threat to her and the coven.

A smile sprout on her lips unknowingly as her heart melted. A girl sat in the windowsill, back was leaning on the frame with a notebook on her lap. Finger tips tapping with rhythm on the surface of her notebook matching the beat of the song she was listening to. She still had this old headset that Misty lent her plugged in to her device. Oblivious to the headmistress, (y/n) continued to bob her head with her eyes close and hum to the music.

Cordelia was beginning to drown at the sight but then remembered the reason why she came in the first place. So as much as she hated to interrupt the moment, she stepped closer and placed a hand on the girl's shoulder startling the girl. She took her head phones off placing them aside.

Taking heavy breaths with a palm pressed on her own chest, (y/n) stared at the woman. Taking a quick look over her wrist watch, she cursed under her breath once it registered to her that it was late. Cordelia took that as a cue to say something.

"Sweetheart, what are you still doing here? All the girls are in bed now." She didn't sound disappointed more like concerned.

"Oh, Miss Cordelia... I was just." (y/n) replied looking down at her phone and notebook. Cordelia noticed some words written on the page but she looked at it too fleetingly she wasn't able to comprehend them. The older woman smiled.

"You're lost again in your own space, aren't you?" It wasn't the first night Cordelia caught the girl alone, sometimes it was at the porch then to the backyard then now, in the greenhouse.

"Something like that, yes..." (y/n) offered a smile too, her heart still heavily beating for only having Cordelia this close to her. The woman then decided to check out what the girl was busying herself with all day. "What do you have here?" the girl looked down at her notebook and closed it immediately.

"It's nothing. Just theories." Not really true. Cordelia saw her name the second time she looked down at the page.

She quirked a brow at (y/n) testing the girl. (y/n)'s eye connection with the woman faltered, shifting them to the ground "Theories you say, huh?"

"Yes, Ma'am." Cordelia was unsure of what she felt but surely it was something she hadn't felt in a long time or with anyone. Feeling a little bit bold, (y/n) looked up to meet the woman's gaze, the smile was restored on her face.

Seeing that look again, Cordelia felt an abrupt tickle in her stomach. "Hey, Miss Cordelia is it okay if I make you my test buddy?" Jumping off the windowsill and fixing her skirt she kept her eyes at Cordelia, that persuasiveness on her face not failing to convince Cordelia but the woman herself had to act like she was still uncertain. God knows what else Cordelia would do for this girl and she still wouldn't admit even to herself that somehow she was attracted to this girl. This girl who was seventeen years junior to her.

Cordelia crossed her arms over her chest, shifting her weight over her other foot feeling the other one getting numb for standing too long. "A what?"

"It's simple we do one theory together see if it works." The girl explained.

"Would it harm us?"