He wasn't even able to enjoy sports because of the amount of bullying that he had to go through by other boys.

It really wasn't until that moment in highschool when he started to have more confidence in himself.

And when he started to gain more confidence he showed others that their words did not hurt him, and overtime people started to stop picking on him.

At first, Liam was very nervous about boxing because he was afraid of reliving his past, but that one push from being inspired by the boys got him to take that chance.

I suddenly feel a nudge as I look over at Damien, who had a worried expression upon his face.

"Are you okay?"

I nod my head, confused by his expression, "Yeah, why?"

He shrugs his shoulders, "I don't know, I just looked over and you seemed teary eyed for a second." He says before thanking the waitress who sets his plate of food in front him.

She then gives me my plate of food as I also give her a thank you while turning back towards Damien, "Oh sorry, I was just thinking and didn't even realize I was tearing up." I say, a little embarrassed that he caught me being emotional over my own thoughts.

"What were you thinking about?" He asks before taking a bite from his food, wincing from it being too hot.

"Nothing much really. I was just thinking about how it was really just Liam and me before you guys invited us to your friend group."

He looks at me, "You and Liam must have a lot of history together huh?"

We both look up at Liam, who seemed unaware of our conversation.

"Yeah we do, but what about you? Was it always the same group for you?"

We look back at each other as he rests one of his elbows on the table, putting his chin in his hand as he looks at me.

"To be honest, at first, I was alone. Up until middle school I was extremely shy and it was hard for me to make friends. I had trouble starting conversations and it was hard for me to trust someone once I met them."

My eyes widen, "Wait really? But your so popular now, I would have never guessed."

Thinking back to moments where everyone in the hallways would stare at their friend group, just wishing to be apart of it. It just surprised me that there was a time that Damien didn't have that reputation.

"I know, it's weird isn't it? But it wasn't until I met Ashton where things changed. He was the first person I really got to know and trust."

"How did you meet Ashton?"

He almost laughs at the memory, "It's kinda funny actually. Ashton's pranking reputation began in middle school, where it started off with him pranking other students like stuffing other students lockers with toilet paper or putting glue in other kids hair..."

"Oh he was that kind of kid..."

He chuckles before continuing, "unlucky me, I ended up being one of his targets. It was just a harmless prank, he found a toad outside of school that morning and put it in my book bag. But at the time, I may or may not have had a fear of toads."