Chapter 7

I'm pretty sure I died in my sleep.

My head is fucking throbbing.

My mouth is dry, the morning sunlight burning my eye sockets, shining into my tent since Zara didn't zip it back up.

Shit... her.

I need to calm this shit down and stay away from her for a while before I get my balls handed to me, visions of me being chained up and attacked confirms that I'll be doing just that, staying the fuck away from her.

It isn't that easy though considering I've stumbled out, shading my eyes from the ball of fire in the sky and see Cole inches from falling into the shallow fire, still lit from last night.

I grab him before he scalds himself and the little shit starts screaming, shouting at me to let go of him. My ears will blow any moment now.

Fine, go burn yourself and cry to your idiotic sister for not looking after you once again, what do I care? I don't.

I don't say this to him though, I place him down on his two feet and walk him back to the tent he should still be in.

"You need to start looking after him, it's a joke." I snap at a half-sleeping Zara, her hair spilling over her pillow and rubbing her eyes. Cole runs up and cradles into her side and lays his head on her chest, smiling as if she was his saviour.

Claire sits up and yawns. "You can't seem to stay away can you?" She smirks, nudging Zara.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" I ask, confused and screwing my face up.

"Language." Zara says bluntly. Her hands covering Cole's ears and shaking her head. "Seriously, Theo."

She has the fucking nerve to tell me how to speak in front of a kid when she can't even look after him properly. I laughed sadistically and walk out the tent, bumping into Drew who eyes me up, then Zara's tent.

"What are you doing, man. Are you looking for a death wish or are you just fucking stupid?" He nudges my arm and I follow him up to give my dad my latest report, this should be fucking fantastic.

"It's not what you think, I just took Cole to Zara." I huff, fed up with her name already.

He stops and starts laughing. "Exactly. You can't keep this from your dad or he's gonna go apeshit."

I ignore him all the way to the hangar, swaggering through the halls and up to my dad's office at the top of a spiral staircase. He has his head buried in some notebook and snaps it shut when he sees me.

"You're a day late." He stands abruptly and throws his pen in my direction. "Why?"

I was supposed to go up and give him his weekly update yesterday but instead, I got completely blootered and threw myself at Zara.

I couldn't tell him this but if he finds out I lied to him then I'm a dead man.

"Sorry."

"Sorry? You're fucking sorry? When I tell you to do something, I expect you to fucking do it." He spits, his hand now around my throat and pinning me against the door.

I know I should just bat his hand away and kick his head in but trust me, I've tried many of times and the punishment isn't worth it.

He's the same height as me, a tall 6ft4 and twice the muscle.

I try to nod and he releases me, gasping to fill my lungs with air and coughing until my eyes water from the pressure.

You'd think I would be used to this by now but each time he gets tighter on my windpipe