Chapter 41

Mehek cursed her stupid decision for pushing herself into a mindless party. As she exited her apartment, one of team member called to invite to join their party. She needed a diversion and decided to go. Booze, loud music and crowd were supposed to give her a distraction but it didn't. She gulped down her margarita and ordered for another. "Slow down", a man came near her. Mehek ignored him. "You look like sh*t. Need to talk?", he offered. "I need a night away from all my worries. So please leave me alone", she told him politely. Her phone rang, indicating call from Shaurya but she ignored. 

"Boyfriend?", he asked. She smirked, "My ex". "Breakups are hard. Drinks & party won't help much. But with good company you can get through it", he advised but Mehek rolled her eyes. "I have recently gone through a messy divorce. My ex-wife ripped me off ", he gave a dry laugh, "but I am getting over it. Many a time, non-committed mindblowing s*x helps to clear your mind". "Really?", she raised an eyebrow. 

"Look around, Mehek. There are lot of fishes in the pond", Mehek laughed at his crudeness, "or you need to look beside closely", he came closer and place a quick peck on her shoulder. Shaurya called her again but she ignore his calls. Her drunken mind started to play dirty images of Shaurya with Archie. If he can, then why can't I? , she challenged herself.

The nameless man took her to a cozy corner. He peppered kisses on her neck & shoulder. She felt ticklish and giggled in her drunken stupor when he sucked a particular spot on her nape. It didn't feel right but she didn't deny him. She was tired of fighting and wanted to win over Shaurya. Her phone rang repeatedly. Finally her stranger lover looked disturbed and asked her to attend the call. Mehek looked at the screen and realised it was from Yasmin Maasi.

"Where are you ?", Yasmin was stern. "At an office party", she gave her location. "My driver will be there in 10 minutes. Come with him quickly", she ordered while Mehek nodded meekly. "What's the matter, Maasi?", Mehek asked anxiously. "It's Yuvaan", Maasi answered in a single word before disconnecting the call.

Mehek rushed through the corridors and reached the pediatric ward. She found Yasmin Maasi and Shaurya waiting there. "What happened?", she asked anxiosly. Shaurya looked at Mehek for a moment. His gaze lingered on her for a moment and looked strained but he started to explain, "Yuvaan got sick and started throw up. Soon he started to have fever. I tried to call you but...". Maasi took over, "he panicked and called me. I asked him to bring Yuvaan here ". 

Soon the pediatrician came outside, "Nothing to worry. Just a normal upset tummy. Fever is side effect and will subside soon. We gave him medicines and he is sleeping peacefully", he smiled sympathetically at Shaurya, "Young man, no need to panic". Shaurya smiled at him while Doctor explained that they will keep Yuvaan for the night just for observation. Mehek realised that Shaurya was not meeting her eyes anymore. He soon excused himself and left the ladies.

"There is nothing wrong to seek a wild night. But spare others by hiding the marks", Yasmin taunted while pulling Mehek's shirt closer to cover her hickey. Mehek quickly realised the reason for Shaurya stealing glances. "it's not like what you think", Mehek explained. "I am not questioning, Mehek. It's your life and your decisions. I was never in favour to keep Shaurya so close to you & Yuvaan. But you went ahead and proved me wrong", she accepted, "Shaurya came out as an excellent partner and he is a great father. But it seems you are confused".

"I am not. He is just a friend", Mehek justified. "May be for you but not for Shaurya and clearly not for Yuvaan. He looks up to Shaurya as a father and I feel Shaurya too loves him like a son. Perhaps you gave Shauyra hope for a chance to rekindle your relationship", she paused when Mehek looked baffled. Yasmin kept a consoling hand on Mehek, "If you cannot give anything more than friendship to Shauyra then it's high time you let him go", Yasmin advised Mehek.

Shaurya wandered through streets and sat in an isolated corner. She is no longer my wife. We are divorced. I just stay with her to take care of Yuvaan. I have no rights to feel bad if she is with someone else, he repeated in his mind. But it hurt like hell. Past few weeks have been joyous for Shaurya. He forgot his reality and started to dream about a family; Him , Mehek and Yuvaan. He was just a fool to dream meaninglessly and get hurt. 

While he stayed lost in thoughts , a shady dealer came near him and asked, "Need some dope?". Shaurya was in double mind. He was clean and out of drugs, but he longed to be free from the pain. He tried to take out his wallet but then his eyes fell on wall paper on his phone. A smiling Yuvaan. In split second, he understood his mistake. He took the money and gave it to the man, "Buy something for your family". The man was left baffled when Shaurya left without taking anything from him.

"I am leaving tomorrow", Shauyra informed when he and Mehek sat down for dinner. Yasmin dropped her back home and asked her to think about her advice. Shaurya was already at home, cooking diner for them. She was all set to talk to him when he dropped the bomb. "Where ?", she asked quickly. "Back to Vicky. I will take his offer. If I stay here, I am afraid I will be an intrusion for you ", he replied and went to his room

"Shaurya, nothing happened", she was desperate to explain, "I was so angry that I didn't think and slipped for a second. But nothing happened other than this stupid love bite". "I am not complaining. As you said earlier, I am nobody. Not your husband and not Yuvaan's father. Just a hired help. So I quit", he told while packing his bag.

"You unruly coward", Mehek pushed him away, "when will you learn to fight for us?". "What? Me a coward?", Shauyra was equally angry, "if I am coward, then you are ruthless cold bitch. Rather than me you need therapy". "Fine, I agree. But you made me like this", she pushed him again, "when I left, you should have followed me and begged for my forgiveness. Relentlessly, every Day & Night, until you earned it. But you just stayed aloof and destroyed yourself. I expected you but you made me feel unworthy", her angry words opened old wounds. 

"When I returned,my bitchy sister made a better attempt to earn my pardon. But you never even tried. You just signed the divorce paper without a word", Mehek sobbed while fuming. "I signed it because you wanted to break us apart. I thought it is your happiness", he told honestly. She started slapping his arms continuously, "It wasn't my happiness and you never bothered to know". "Mehek it hurts. Stop it", Shaurya pushed her to wall while she sobbed. "You are a bad man. You will make me fall for you again and again, just to break my heart & leave me", she cried out. "I am sorry, Baby", he apologized, "for being a complete j*rk". Mehek sniveled and pulled him down to capture his lips.

It was raw and carnal. Years of bottled up anger, yearn and possession were poured on to it. Shaurya soon lifted her to the dressing table and bunched her skirt to waist. "I thought you were immune to my pencil skirts", Mehek teased. "Oh! you have no idea how they torments me", he swore and torn away her panties, "Baby, you are so wet". "Only for you", she struggled with his belt and trousers while setting him free,"I want you now". She moaned loudly while he entered her and bit on her neck. He wanted to stake his claim on her and erase all other marks on her. "Faster. Don't hold back", she urged him. Soon in few thrust he came and spilled himself into her. They both panted when he set her on ground and pulled back his trousers.

An awkward silence prevailed between them. "It's long since i...since I...you know...None since you...", he explained. He was embarrassed since finished so soon. His abstinence made him helpless and weak. "That makes two of us", Mehek looked away to avoid his surprised looked. It took a moment to realise that they both were celibate and loyal to their vows even while separated for long

"Do you want to talk?", he asked timidly. Mehek was skeptical but she nodded. "May be we should move to the bedroom", he suggested. Mehek's eyes widened so he corrected, "I mean we will be comfortable and have enough privacy to talk". "Yea....to talk", she repeated and he nodded. They both were puzzled how to address the elephant in the room.

"I really enjoyed", he told shyly. "Me too", she replied. "I doubt. I came fast, leaving you...wanted", he was still feeling embarrassed. She walked towards the bedroom and he followed. But once she entered the dim lit room, she became bold. She unzipped her skirt slowly and let it fall down. "I hope you don't mind", she faced him and walked backwards. "I don't", he kept his eyes on her while she slowly undid buttons of her shirt. "Shall we try again? You can compensate me and get over your guilt", she slowly pulled her shirt away from her shoulder. His junior was getting painfully hard and his hands went to his trousers to ease him. "Hope you will last longer", she teased him while discarding her shirt and inviting him to bed. He knew it's going to be a long night and he didn't dare to complain.