Chapter 30

"How are you feeling now?", Shaurya asked her again while helping her to the bed. After Mehek almost fainted at his office, he took her immediately to his hotel room and made her rest. "I am okay. It's just the stress. I have been falling sick now & then", Mehek told plainly. "This is not a silly matter, Mehek. Did you even see a doctor?", he rebuked her. Mehek was getting angry by his behaviour, "Stop acting like Sonal and pestering me constantly to visit Doctor. And for the record I went to doctor and did some tests. I need to visit again when results come". Shaurya wasn't happy with her light attitude. "Ask them to email your tests results. We will consult a good doctor here", he ordered her. "No need, Shaurya. You are busy. I will manage once I return", she didn't hide her disappointment. Shaurya sighed as he felt guilty for ignoring Mehek, "I am sorry, Mehek. Past few weeks were really hectic. Let me make it up to you".

Mehek's anger melted but she didn't show, " Please get me a cab to airport. I don't want take more of your time". "No way. You are staying with me and we will spend the weekend together", he pecked her lips, making her smile. He knew very well how to make her joyous. Mehek was indeed glad. This is the Shaurya she missed and craved for. "I missed you, Shaurya", Mehek confessed as her eyes moistened. "I missed you too, Baby", he held her closely in his arms. Her restlessness and stress melted away in his warmth. "You need to rest", he laid her on bed and climbed beside to cuddle into her petite frame. As she dozed off, he whispered, "Sleep well, Love".

Mehek had slept till afternoon. Shaurya was beside her but he had to leave for work. He didn't mention about the party. Although she never wanted to go to any parties, it was awkward that he didn't ask her join. But her disappointment vapourised when room service delivered her favourite lunch. The staff informed her that Mr. Khanna had insisted that she eats well and rests properly. They even informed her about various activities in the hotel that could indulge to avoid boredom. Mehek felt glad even amidst all chaos still Shaurya managed to take care of her.

"Hello", Mehek attended the call. "Mrs Khanna, I am your well-wisher", the preface puzzled Mehek. The voice seemed to contorted and had severe accent. The other side went on, "You are being cheated, Mrs Khanna. Your husband is having an affair with a young lady in his team". "Shut Up!", Mehek yelled on the person, "Don't you dare call me again". She cut the call and threw the phone away. When call came from same number again, she blocked the number.

The landline rang and Mehek answered it. "Listen to me carefully, Mrs Khanna. If you have so much trust in your husband then come to the party and see for yourself", the voice spoke and didn't wait for Mehek's reply before disconnecting. Although tensed, the person couldn't break Mehek's trust on Shaurya. This is some prank call. I don't mistrust Shaurya, she chanted in her mind.

"Can I come with you?", Mehek asked cutely. Shaurya reached by evening but didn't spend much time with Mehek. He was getting ready for the party when she asked. He got a bit tensed but spoke quickly, "You will be bored, Baby. And besides you are not well". Mehek could understand him. Infact it was true that she will not enjoy and may fall sick again. "Will you come back soon?", she asked again. "I will be beside you even before you know it", he pecked her nose. "How am I looking?", he flaunted himself before Mehek. He was wearing a cool jacket that Mehek had gifted him. Although not top branded or expensive, it had its charm and Mehek was glad that he liked it so much. "Dashing as always", Mehek praised him. "Love you, Baby", he gave her a quick peck on cheek.

9 O' clock....10 O' clock....11 O' clock....12 O' clock....each hour passed but Shaurya didn't return. Mehek was getting irritated when his didn't pick up her call and later he switched off his mobile. She didn't know when fatigue took over her and she dozed off. During wee hours of the night, she felt a masculine hand over her waist. She jerked away in fear but soon calmed down when she heard her husband's voice, "Relax. It's me, Baby". He didn't sound drunk but stench of alcohol emanated from him that sickened Mehek. She was too sleepy to fight and decided to talk to him next day.