Chapter 6: Please Never Fall in Love Again (Colby's POV)

I was standing in the corner of the club watching Jake, Sam, and Corey dance and have fun. I occasionally looked down at my phone and take a drink every now and then. I looked up from my cup and saw Azaria sitting at a table alone. Where are Olivia and Nate? Did they just leave her? She was on her phone so I decided to go over and talk to her before any random guys did.
I walked over to her table and sat across from her, "hey Colby! What's up?" I joked and said I was dragged to the party. She giggled but looked a little confused. Not gonna lie though, I pretty much was forced to come. I wanted to just stay at the hotel. I'm glad u left though because now I get to see Azaria and talk to her.
"Don't you like parties?" She asked me.
"Eh," I responded. I didn't want to talk about why I didn't go out all the time anymore. "Where are your friends?" I asked.
"Oh um Nate, Olivia, and Mason are dancing. I was too but I wanted to catch my breath," she responded and looked down at her empty drink glass.
"Wanna go dance again?" I asked, hoping she would say yes. She nodded and I stood up. I gently took her hand and led her to the dance floor. I spun her out and led her to the dance floor. I spun her out and then back into me. She laughed and I used all my power to not just kiss her. She had changed a lot but she was still so beautiful. She put one hand on my chest and the other remained in my hand. Before I knew it we were hugging. The sing playing was a somewhat fast song, but here we were standing there hugging. She pulled away and smiled before dancing wilding. I smiled and joined her. When the song ended we were both laughing and out of breath.
"Wanna go sit?" She asked and I agreed. She took my hand and led me back to her table. Her friends were sitting there talking.
"Azaria!" Mason yelled. He was clearly drunk.
"Hey Colby!" Olivia exclaimed when she saw me. I still hung out with her and she would come over to Sam's for pizza night when the group got together.
"Hey guys," I greeted them as Azaria sat down. I noticed Nate giving me a dirty look as I pulled a chair up.
"Why's he here?" Nate asked.
"Nate!" Olivia looked surprised and mad that he asked that.
"Because we're friends," Azaria answered. Friends. I could deal with being just friends with her.
"He's your ex though! He cheated on you!" Nate was yelling now and Azaria scooted away in her chair a little.
"Nate, buddy calm down," I reasoned.
"He shook his head, "no I'm not gonna let you come back and break her heart again. I was the one that had to put it back together. Look she still even loves you!" He was still yelling and I could tell he was somewhat intoxicated.
"Let's go," I whispered in Azaria's ear and she nodded. She stood up and we walked away. I texted Sam and the guys. They said they would meet us outside. We waited for a little bit outside. Azaria started shivering.
"Come here," I pulled her over to me and held her. She started crying. "Hey, hey what's wrong?" I asked her.
"I'm glad your here Colby. I missed you," she answered through tears.
I sighed, "I missed you too." The guys walked out and Azaria pulled away, wiping her tears.
"Hey guys," Sam greeted us.
"Azaria!" Jake yelled and pulled her into a hug. Corey hugged her next and we walked to our hotel. Azaria and I walked in the back while we held hands.
We got to the hotel and Azaria turned to me, "Oh I'm staying here too!"
"Really what floor?"
"Third floor."
"We're on the second," so she was only a floor above us. We got on the elevator and I stood behind her. I wrapped my arms around her stomach and laid my head on her shoulder. She laid her head back against me. I saw Sam look and smile at us. The elevator stopped and we got off. Jake and Corey went to their room.
"I'm exhausted!" Sam exclaimed as we walked inside our room. Azaria giggled when he fell back onto the bed.
"Are you gonna stay the night?" I asked Azaria.
     She nodded, "yeah I don't wanna face Nate right now."
     "What's going on between you two?" I asked trying not to sound jealous.
     "Long story," she responded.
     "I got time."
     She sighed and looked down, "We're... dating?"
     "You don't sound so sure."
     "Well we've been on dates and we've hooked up but we haven't like officially said we're together. Like he still hooks up with random girls. I just don't think there is anything there anymore. I don't love him and we argue a lot."
     I nodded and looked at her, "Let's not talk about it anymore. I'll find you something to wear." I stood up and glanced at Sam who was on his phone. I opened my suitcase and grabbed out sweatpants and my XPLR shirt. The same thing I wore on the plane. "Here you go," I handed her the clothes and she smiled.
     "Thank you," she went into the bathroom and shut the door. I put on shorts to sleep in and took off my shirt. Azaria came out and stood there awkwardly. I grabbed a white shirt and stood up to look at her.
     "I can't tie these," she was talking about the sweatpants. I shook my head and smiled. I walked over and grabbed the strings. As I was tying them she put her hand on my stomach. I looked into her eyes and put my hands on her hips. She took a shaky breath.
     "I'm gonna go talk to Jake and Corey..." Sam awkwardly walked away and went into their room.
     "You've gotten stronger," Azaria slid her hand across my abs.
     "You're so beautiful," I breathed out causing her to blush.
     "I'm sorry for leaving."
     "Promise you won't do it again? I don't think my heart could take it." I leaned down and gently kissed her lips. It felt like magic. Our first kiss after 6 months.
     "Can I come back now?" I heard Sam ask. Azaria and I pulled away quickly. Her face was bright red. I looked over and saw all three of the guys looking at us.
     "Seriously?" I asked. I was mad.
     "I need my phone charger," Sam started laughing.
     "You can come back now Sam," Azaria quietly spoke from behind me. Sam walked in and laid on his bed. I rolled my eyes and sat next to Azaria.
     "Goodnight guys!" Jake yelled as him and Corey shut the door. Sam was back on his phone but was now charging it.
     "I can sleep on the floor or with Sammy," I looked over and wiggled my eyebrows at Sam.
     "Hell yeah brother!" Sam yelled jokingly and patted the bed next to him. I looked back  at Azaria who was smiling.
     "You can sleep with me. Not like we haven't slept in the same bed before," she had a point.
     "Okay. Ready for bed?" I asked as I noticed how late it was. She nodded and helped me turn the lights off. I laid down in the bed next to her and she cuddled into me. I wrapped my arm around her and she laid her head on my chest.
     After we laid there for a while I whispered, "please never fall in love again."

"