Chapter 35

Chapter 35

Doug's team lost.

It was third quarter when things turned around for the team, but it was not enough. Because of this they won't advance to the regionals, and now Coach is 'lecturing' the boys.

Sofi and Cathy were waiting outside the gym, and Cathy is being a nervous wreck!

"Calm down, Cathy. Bakit ka ba kinakabahan diyan?"

"Kasi... natalo sila, tapos badtrip si Doug, tapos galit pa siya sa akin, tapos ang kulit ko pa may pabanner banner at pasigaw sigaw pa ako doon na feeling ko ako si Gabriella Montez pero hindi, tapos—"

"I am so going to cut you right there—"

"Cut me?! Girl what did I do—"

"CUT as in pipigilan ko yung paglilitanya mo! Not cut, cut. Ugh Cathy layuan mo yung twitter please at wag ka masyado nagmememes."

"No, that's a part of who I am... hindi na nga ako masyado nagtwtweet dahil diyan kay Doug na yan, my followers need an update about the kabaliwan that I—"

"CATHY! Let's go back. Okay. Focus? How are you so good at being distracted?! Anyway, just chill. Doug won't be mad at you, okay maybe a little, I don't really know how he'll react, but one thing's for sure okay? You're going to explain and apologize. And you should promise that you're going to do better with this communication thingy. Okay?" Cathy nodded. She knows what she needs to do... but can she execute it? Malalaman.

Maya maya pa isa isa nang lumabas yung mga players sa locker room. Noong makita ni Elix si Sofi ihuhug niya dapat 'to pero inabutan agad ni Sofi si Elix ng towel. "Magpunas ka muna ng pawis mo please."

Matatawa na sana si Cathy nang biglang may dalawang kamay na bumalot sa bewang niya at may biglang dumantay sa balikat niya. Iikot pa sana siya para tingnan kung sino pero pinigilan lang siya nitong kung sino mang nakaback hug sa kanya.

"Don't move. I... I had a long day, and my soul really really needs this. So please, let me have this."

It was Doug, of course it's Doug. And yes, his soul is 'recharging' by being near Cathy's soul.

Cathy put his arms over Doug's arms which were enveloping her. She tightened her hold on him conveying that she needs this too, she misses him too.

They were backhugging for what felt like eternity when Elix tapped Doug on his shoulders, ano ba panira.

"Um, sorry sa istorbo pero we just want to say we're heading out." Sabi ni Elix, sinamaan agad siya nang tingin ni Cathy.

"Sana tinext mo na lang! 😤" Asar (pero naglolokong) sagot ni Cathy, habang nakahug pa rin siya kay Doug. Naramdaman naman niya yung pagtawa ni Doug sa may likod niya, dahil pati siya nag 'vibrate' at napasabay sa tawa niya. This is nice, Cathy thinks. She can do this everyday.

"Okay lovebirds, go and do PDA, we're going home. Good game, Doug." Sabi ni Elix at naramdaman naman ni Cathy na medyo nanigas at nagging uncomfortable si Doug habang nakayakap sa kanya.

They have to talk.

Cathy turned around, without letting go of Doug, and when they were face to face she can't keep but blush... because damn, they were so close, if she just angle her head to the right a little bit that will be the perfect spot to kiss—CATHY focus.

They were just staring at each other, conveying words they both can say. Doug knows right? Doug understands right? HE knows that I'm sorry right? Cathy can't stop thinking, but the moment Doug let his forehead touch Cathy's and the moment they both closed their eyes to savor the moment, they know. They both know.