Epilogue

Nya's POV

"Don't you clean up nice?" I joke as I open the door to the room I'm staying in at the palace. Jay stares at me, mouth slightly agape.

"N-Nya," he regains himself. "You...you look beautiful," he tells me shyly.

I grab his hand, leaning in to give him a quick peck on the cheek, "Thank you. We have to go pick up the others from their rooms. Zane and PIXAL got there early to help set up."

"I'm happy for Zane. He found someone who understands him," Jay sounds content, the hint of worry that always use to lace his voice gone.

"So am I. Do you know Kai's obsessed with social media now? I showed it to him the other day, and now he won't get off of it," I tell Jay, which makes him laugh.

"Sounds like Kai. We didn't have it in there, and he's a sucker for things like that," Jay laughs quietly, his eyes scrunching up in the corners.

"He's already verified, and he's had it for all of four days. Apparently, a ton of teenage girls thought Kai coming out of that helicopter in a suit was the hottest thing they've ever seen," I shake my head at the ridiculousness. Jay looks confused.

"What does verified mean?" he asks, and I realize he's been in there even longer than Kai has.

"It means that the account is of public interest and that the person who runs the account is who they claim to be. It's usually if you're famous enough that people will pretend to be you," I explain to him. He nods.

We walk down the hall until we reach Kai's room. Jay and I look at each other briefly. Then, I knock on the door. "Coming!" Skylor calls. Shuffling can be heard behind the door, and about thirty seconds later, she opens the door, every hair in its place. It's done into a very intricate bun. She's wearing a peach colored dress, one that you'd expect a girl to wear to prom.

"Nya, I'm trending!" Kai lifts up his phone, showing it off. Skylor gives him a playful eyeroll. Kai is keeping it simple, wearing the same suit he wore to the wedding. "The internet flipped out when they found out I was wearing the 'helicopter suit' as they call it."

Skylor gives him a kiss on the cheek. "We should get going." The four of us keep walking, Kai talking about all of the people are saying online.

"Nya, have you looked at the comments on your latest post with Cole and Jay?" Kai asks me. I shake my head.

"I post for myself and my friends, not for the reactions of people I don't know," I inform him.

"Well, they're all asking which one you're dating, Cole or Jay," he tells me. I roll my eyes.

"Why does it matter?" I ask defensively. Skylor shrugs.

"The people want to know. They shipped you with Cole because they saw you with him at the wedding, but they also saw you on my instablock story with Jay, so now some are team Jay," Kai explains the dynamic. I sigh.

"Why do they suddenly care now? Last week they would have wanted to lock us up as far away from them as possible," I start to rant. Jay gives my hand a reassuring squeeze.

"They saw we aren't bad. It's what Harumi was telling them that was fueling their anger. Besides, today Lloyd is becoming the official emperor. They probably want to get into this new chapter of Ninjago smoothly," he shrugs. We get to Cole's room, and I knock on the door. Almost immediately, he opens it.

"Someone's punctual," Skylor teases in a friendly way. The two of them have gotten on better terms since we've been out of that prison. While they don't completely see eye to eye, they can talk with each other.

The five of us walk down the stairs until we reach the front of the palace. The ceremony is being held in the courtyard, so we have to walk outside to get to our seats. Once we open the doors, people are everywhere. Luckily for us, there's a pathway roped off for us, so we take that. People rush up to the rope, but security helps keep them back.

"Oh my gosh! They're even hotter in person!" one girl screams. Cole laughs to himself while Kai smirks. Jay seems to get even more nervous. I squeeze Jay's hand in support.

"Team Jay stays winning! Suck it team Colers!" one girl celebrates. I roll my eyes. Jay stiffens up next to me before Cole sighs heavily. Finally, we reach our seats. The other elemental masters who survived are already sitting in their seats. The five of us are on the isle, so we can slide in. I'm sat with Jay on my left and Kai on my right. Next to Kai is Skylor, who is on the isle. Cole is on Jay's left. Juliet is in the row in front of us.

"You hated the contacts that much?" Skylor asks Juliet, seeing as she's wearing her favorite thick framed glasses.

"Yes, they were so uncomfortable," Juliet shakes her head.

Soon after, the ceremony starts. All of us watch proudly as Lloyd completes all the steps. I can sense a feeling of pride in my brother. He met Lloyd when Lloyd was still a child. He was like an older brother to Lloyd and helped him through many of his dark times. Once all of the swearing in is done, Lloyd walks up to the front of the crowd, a microphone in his hand.

"Hello everyone," his smile spreads against across his whole face, up to his eyes, "last time I gave you a speech like this, I wasn't in my right mind, literally." He pauses as the crowd laughs. "I am not going to make the mistakes either Harumi or my father made. No matter who you are, powers or not, you should still get the chance at life, a life that isn't controlled by someone else. I was imprisoned for almost eight years of my life for simply being who I am. While I can't get those years back, I can use them to help Ninjago. It showed me how the harsh, abrasive style is good for no one. In this Ninjago, everyone will be equal, no one put down for being different. We will hear each other out and use all of our individual strengths to strengthen our society. Even with this, there will still be dangers, which is why I would like to welcome my friend Skylor up here." All of us look over to Skylor. She gets out of her seat, elegantly walking up to the front of the crowd. She stands next to Lloyd now, behind the podium.

"For a long time, Lloyd and I didn't get along. We both wanted what was best for someone we loved, but we both thought the other one was effectively preventing that from happening. Over time though, we started to see each other's sides, and were able to come together to make that person happy," Skylor looks at Kai while she's saying this. "That experience helped teach me that when we work together, we can achieve more than alone. Fighting each other only weakens us from the actual evil. That's why we have decided that by creating a defense force mixed with both elemental masters and anyone else who would like to join, we can create a stronger, more peaceful Ninjago. We can prevent the evils from rising to power. We can join as one. Thank you," she finishes. A roar of applause fills the area, with loads of cheering ad hollering. She goes back to her seat, and Kai gives her a sweet kiss.

"Ninjago, it's our home, all of our homes, not just one type of person's home, but everyone's. All of us are equal. That prison helped reach me that. Now, that prison is being turned into a retirement home where people can freely leave and not be tortured. It's transitioning, just like us. We are entering a new era, an era of prosperity where no one is hidden because they're different, an era where we can all be ourselves, an era of greatness. We can shape it, and I believe every single one of you will leave your mark. We are all special. None of us should be hidden."

A/N: and that's the end of Hidden! It took a long time, but I'm glad I finished it. I hope you enjoyed!

What was your favorite part of the book?

Now, I'm going to be focusing on my new story, Chaos. It's a high school AU so it's a bit different, but I really like it. It's already all planned out. Chapter 1 is posted so it would mean a lot of you guys checked it out.

Thank you for sticking with me this whole time. I couldn't do it without you guys.

❤️💙💚🖤💛💜

(Let's pretend the last ones were light blue and white)