Chapter 17

*several days later*

Jay's POV

All of the boys thought it would be a good idea to get some fresh air, so we're out back at the pool. Currently, we're doing chicken fights. Lloyd is on Kai's shoulders, and I'm on Cole's.

"I want a fair fight. No punching, hair pulling, or pinching. Shoving is fair game. Ready, go!" Zane waves his hand in between us, and the fight starts. I push Lloyd back, but Kai holds his ground. Kai tries pushing Cole on the bottom, but he's like a rock. Kai loses focus, looking at something behind us. Cole uses this as an opportunity to push Kai over, and it works. Lloyd falls into the water. He quickly rises back to the surface.

"That's not fair! You know he gets distracted when he sees Skylor," Lloyd exclaims. We turn around, and Nya, Skylor, and Juliet are both there. Skylor and Juliet are both wearing bikinis while Nya is wearing white shorts and a blue tank top.

"Is there room for two more?" Juliet asks. As Zane is about to answer, Lloyd jumps in.

"Of course!" he smiles. Skylor says something to Nya, and the two of them get in while she sits over to the side on one of the pool chairs. She looks terrified of the water, and I know why. Before I can do anything, Cole hops out of the pool and sits next to her. When Cole isn't looking at me and she is, I hold up an 8 on my fingers to signal us breaking the eighth rule right now (having more than 5 elemental masters hanging out) and she smiles.

"I'm leaving," Zane announces, getting out of the pool. All of us turn towards him.

"Why?" Kai asks, swimming up to the edge of the pool.

"Look around, there's 8 people, and that's not allowed," he grabs his white towel, wipes his body off, and walks back inside.

"We can leave if you guys want," Skylor offers. Kai shakes his head.

"That's not needed. Zane is just uptight sometimes," he dismisses Zane. Lloyd, Kai, Skylor, and Juliet start doing chicken fights. Skylor is on Kai's shoulders, and Juliet is on Lloyd's. Now that Zane is gone, I get to be the ref.

"You guys all know the rules," I wave my hand in between them and take a step back. Within seconds, Kai knocks over Lloyd. Juliet starts to fall. On the way down, her fist hits my nose.

"Ouch," I say to myself, holding onto my nose.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry Jay," Juliet immediately apologizes.

"You're fine. It was an accident," I tell her. Skylor's eyes widen.

"Your nose is bleeding," she tells me. I sigh.

"Of course it is," I push myself out of the pool and quickly find a napkin to wipe off some of the blood.

"Cole, come be our new ref!" Lloyd calls over for him. Cole groans.

"After what happened to Jay, I don't know if I want to be the ref," he admits.

"Please," Kai pleads.

"Fine, but you owe me one," he takes off his shirt and jumps into the water. Once he's gone, I go over by Nya.

"Can I sit?" I ask her.

"Of course," she responds, so I take a seat next to her. "Is your nose okay?"

"It might be a bit bruised, but nothing too serious. Now the real question is are you okay?" I ask her. She seems confused.

"What?"

"Nya, I know why you didn't go into the pool," I turn to face her. Her face drops.

"Jay...," she starts.

"I'm not going to make you go into the water or even suggest it," I tell her, which automatically makes her loosen up. "It's disgusting what they did to you, but this is exactly what they want. They want you to hate your element and to be scared. The water can't hurt you."

"I know, but I just can't right now. I was this close to unconsciousness," she lifts up her thumb and index finger, only a centimeter between them.

"And I don't want you to. Going in there, being treated like that, it's tough, but I know you'll get through it," I inform her. She smiles at me.

"Thank you."

"By the way," I add,"Kai is planning on talking to you today. Please hear him out." Her face drops when I say that.

"Jay, I really don't want to deal with that today," she tells me.

"He has his heart set on it, Nya. He really wants his little sister back. Just listen to what he has to say," I insist. She sighs.

"Fine."

---

Kai's POV

"Hey Nya, can I talk to you?" I ask her softly as she starts to leave the pool area with Skylor. Jay and Cole went out to get some food, and Juliet and Lloyd went for a walk. We're the only three left.

"Sure, make sure to save me a seat," Nya tells Skylor. Skylor nods and walks away, giving me a quick little wave on the way out.

"Can we sit down?" I ask her. She nods, and we sit down on a chair near the pool. "I know why you're mad with me, but hear me out. Out of all the days I've lived, that's the one I regret the most. I was scared. I was scared I was going to hurt you, and I was scared you would've gotten hurt if you came with me. Jay's parents went with them when they were trying to protect them, and his dad got hurt in the process. I didn't want that for you." I take a deep breath in. "It was beyond stupid to leave you to take care of everything yourself. I realize that was a beyond dumb choice. I was 11, and I had previously almost caught you on fire. I wasn't in the right mindset, and I realize why you would hold a grudge against me.I am truly, genuinely sorry. I'm hoping that you can forgive me, and I can be the brother I should've been for these past 8+ years."

"I forgive you. I can't be mad at you forever. You are my K.K. after all," she gives me a soft smile, and I smile back. Leaning in, I give her a huge hug.

"I missed you sis," I whisper.

"I missed you too."

A/N : they finally made up woooooo

I feel bad for all the people who read this who have Zane as their favorite cause he gets such little time and dialogue. I planned this all last year and I didn't realize he was the only ninja who didn't play a major role, so to all the Zane fans, I'm sorry.

I need help naming my new Ninjago story, so if anyone wants to DM me and help me brainstorm I'd really appreciate it 

You guys are literally so sweet in the comments you guys give me so much motivation to keep writing thank you so much