Chapter 22

(A/N: surprise! Enjoy! If you forgot what happened, I recommend reading last chapter)

Lloyd's POV

"Let me go!" I hiss, struggling in my seat. Harumi's guards tied me up, threw me into the back of a truck, and finally let me out once we arrived at the palace. They then carried me up the stairs to Harumi's room and tied me to a chair. Now, Harumi stands in front of me, a content smirk on her face.

"But Lloyd, you're going to be the emperor," she sighs, turning the chair in front of her around. She straddles it, draping her arm over the top of it, facing me.

"What's actually going on Harumi?" I deadpan. She feigns shock, placing a hand over her heart.

"I just want to be with you forever, Lloyd. You weren't going to come with me," she tries to pretend, but I see right through it.

"Cut the shit Rumi," I roll my eyes. With that, she narrows her eyes.

"Last time I checked I wasn't the one tied up," she snaps, gritting her teeth.

"How will the people respond to their future emperor being forced into marriage?" I bring up. She snickers quietly.

"Well, I already gave a speech to the people before we left. It's getting put in all the newspapers now that I'm engaged to an elemental master, but that you've taken a vow against your power and that you claim that wearing your cuff will be a symbol to the people letting them know you're on their side," she gets close to my face, just a couple of centimeters between our lips. While my mind wants me to move away, there's a part of me deep inside that still wants to kiss her, to do all the stuff we use to do when I was oblivious of her manipulation. She wears a sweet perfume that draws anyone to her. Instead of giving in like she wants, I try to squirm away.

"What happened to us, Lloyd?" she asks me quietly. Softly, she runs her hand down the side of my face.

"You left me. I was heartbroken, but then I realized I was better without you," I inform her, plainly, trying to hold back everything that is fighting to come out. "You manipulated my emotions."

"I manipulated your emotions?" she asks in disbelief. "I could never get the thought of you out of my head! Even when I was at home lying in bed I ached to have you touching me! I would daydream of your emerald eyes when I was suppose to be focusing on bettering Ninjago. Hell, it was never a part of the plan to fall in love with you, but here I am, here longing for just one kiss!"

"The plan?" I pick up on the small detail. Her eyes widen.

"There isn't...," she starts, and I think of my own plan.

"If I give you a kiss, will you tell me what the plan was?" I ask, looking up at her. At the mention of a kiss, she sighs.

"Fine," she gives in. Leaving me tied up, she sits on my lap, leaning in so her lips are hovering mine. "I've missed you so much." She takes my face in between her hands, leaning in so our lips meet. They fit together just like they use to, falling back into the same rhythm. Her hands trail my body, starting by going down my chest before working back up to my arms. Once her hands go under my shirt, I pull back. She looks back at me with eyes full of lust, and it takes a majority of my willpower to stop me. I know she's bad for me, but a part deep inside still wants her.

"Are you going to tell me what your plan was now?" I ask her softly. She nods, staying on my lap.

"When I first went to where you were staying, I wasn't just going for fun. I was going to find you. I chose you to be my husband before I met you," she admits, fidgeting with her fingers in front of her. I give her a look full of confusion.