• Twenty Four •

It was the day

It was the day. Junae stood behind you with your baby girl in her arms. "You look beautiful, Y/n." She said.

You stared into the mirror at your reflection, sighing softly while running your hands over the fabric.

"I am so nervous. I don't know if Jungkook is ready either." You said, giggling softly in nervousness. Your hands shook as you gripped your skirt.

Jaeun walked to your side and handed you the baby girl, resting her in your arms as she slept. "Hey, Eun Ae. Your appa will soon hold you as well." You whispered, kissing her forehead.

A knock echoed through the room, Jaeun and you turning to face the door while it opened slowly. Hoseok showed up, a smile on his lips when he saw you.

"You are so gorgeous, Y/n." He said, tears growing in his eyes. Tears grew in your eyes as well when he walked to you and kissed your forehead.

"I am so glad I can marry you off in your parents' place. They would be so proud." He chuckled. You giggled, a few tears falling down your cheeks when you tried to blink them away.

"It's time." He said. Jaeun took Eun Ae from you when Hoseok wiped your tears away. You wrapped your arm around his arm when he offered it, leading you out of the room and to the garden.

You decided to hold the ceremony up in the lake since the place was more secluded. You hoped so hard that the ceremony worked and that once you were married he would turn back to a human.

"Nervous?" Hoseok asked after a while of silence. With a quick giggle, you sighed. "Truly? I think I am going to faint." You chuckled.

"You'll be fine. I am sure it will work and he will turn back to the handsome king you have." You could see the top of the small mountain, lights hanging from the trees and flowers around the path.

Tears blurred your sight as the altar came in sight, the fox standing with his back to you there.

You sniffled, trying to gather yourself so you wouldn't cry in the middle of the ceremony.

Once at the top, the guards, Jimin and the fox turned around. "Y/n..." The fox mumbled, his eyes somehow widened.

The corners of his snout turned upwards, showing a smile. Hoseok walked you to his side, patting his head before walking away.

You kneeled down with a sigh, resting your hands on your lap. "I am as nervous as you." He said, resting his paw on your hand.

You glanced at him nervously before the Pope came. "Thank you, everyone, for gathering here." The man said.

"We are here today, to join this to souls in loving matrimony. To let them live together and love each other as they rule the country. As asked, we will keep this short but traditional." The man began.

"Y/n, will you love King Jungkook, till the end of his ruling and until the day he dies?" The pope asked. You glanced at the fox, a smile growing on your lips and turning back to the pope.

"Yes, I will."

"Good. King Jungkook, will you love and cherish Y/n till the end of-" He was cut off by the fox jumping to his back paws, standing upwards.

"Yes, yes. It's a definite yes."

Everyone shared a laugh at the fox's actions, making you giggle quietly as well. "Well, then..." The pope trailed off, turning around to take a crown, putting it carefully on your head.

"I pronounce you husband and wife, king and queen." The pope finished. The fox sighed shakily, his breathing becoming ragged as he got up and stumbled away.

"I..." The fox trailed off, scoffing softly. You watched him run away and hide behind a bush, a howl echoing through the air until silence fell.

You sat there, a tear rolling down your cheek while everyone else wondered what had happened. After a minute of silence and nothing happening, you decided to head to where the fox had left.

You could hear shaky sobs and stuttering from behind the bush, finally seeing what was behind it.

Jungkook was on the ground naked, laying on his side and curled in a ball. He was shaking from the cold, sobbing quietly and uncontrollably.

You fell to your knees, quickly caressing his hair and back in relief. "Jungkook..." You whispered. His eyes connected with your, tears trailing off his cheeks while he smiled widely.

"I-It worked. I-I am n-normal." He giggled. You hugged him close as he did the same, chuckling in relief.

After a bit, you pulled away and took your veil off, wrapping it around his shoulders when he sat up, holding his knees up to hide his private parts.

"Bring a blanket! Quick!" You shouted, Jimin instantly running off to get a blanket from the house.