• Seventeen •

"Love?" Jungkook muttered, his hands massaging your 3-month-old belly

"Love?" Jungkook muttered, his hands massaging your 3-month-old belly. Your eyes were closed, relaxing as he massaged your belly.

"Hm?" You hummed quietly, too relaxed to reply in any other way. A soft giggle escaped when he heard you hum, placing a soft and sweet kiss on your belly.

"Are you sleeping?" He asked quietly, not wanting to disturb. "No... But I was nearly sleeping though." You replied, your eyes opening slightly and looking up at him.

"Anything wrong?" You asked, not seeing or sensing any worry or discomfort in his actions. "No. I just wanted to know if you were resting." He replied.

"Since the baby sometimes doesn't let you." You sat up with his help, smiling at him softly. "I was. But, I'm hungry now." You giggled.

Jungkook hummed, nodding his head. "I can ask the maids to bring you food." He suggested. You got off the bed and moved in front of the mirror.

You put the long sleeve part of your hanbok, tying it at your chest. "I don't know. I'll probably go to the village and check on everyone."

It had been a few weeks where you had continued doing the ritual, risking you and the baby. Jungkook tried his best to stop you, trying to lock you in the room or make you sleep.

But either the baby or yourself woke up, sneaking out to do the ritual anyway. You weren't willing to risk anyone from the kingdom or the village to get hurt.

You loved the child growing inside you and you were willing to protect his father and it if you survived till the end.

"Y/n, you're pregnant. You need to stop doing the ritual and sacrificing yourself and the baby. Just stay here and live a normal life." Jungkook said, getting up and following after you as you started applying some makeup.

"Jungkook, I can't just sit and watch. It's either me or the entire nation succumbing to chaos." You replied.

"Look, I already made a decision." You said, turning to Jungkook after applying some lip tint. You took his hands in yours and smiled.

"How about we go have lunch by the lake in the palace, hm?" Jungkook said. You knew that as much as you tried to keep his mind off of it, he was still going to think about it.

"Sounds good to me." You said. A sudden slam on the door to Jungkook's room echoed through the hall, the doors to his room opening.

A woman came in, wearing a royal gown along with gold drawings along the silk.

"You..." The woman said. Jungkook protectively stood between the woman and you when she got too close, anger clear in her eyes.

"Jungkook, who is this?" You asked. "Y/n, I can explain-" He was cut off by her, a scoff leaving her lips.

"I'm the future queen!" She exclaimed. You believed for a second that it was a lie, that it was just another woman after Jungkook's heart.

But in her eyes, you saw her determination, you saw how mad she was that it was not her in Jungkook's room.

Jungkook's eyes were widened, his mouth open, trying to find a way to explain everything.

"W-What?" You simply stuttered out, stumbling back. Your eyes filled with tears, one hand gripping your belly protectively.

You were so happy just moments ago. Jungkook massaging your belly and planting kisses on it only to find out a few moments later that he wasn't planning to marry you.

But the woman in front of you.

You needed to get out, you needed to leave and never turn back. You gathered your bag where you kept your coins and a permit to go inside the palace.

Your hand moved to the necklace hanging from your neck, the one Jungkook gave you when he was telling you that you would marry him.

You snatched it away, making it rip off the clip. When you stood in front of the woman, who was surely way more beautiful than you in your eyes, you handed her the necklace.

"T-This belongs to you now." You said quietly, her hand taking it from your hand with a smirk resting on her lips.

"I congratulate you on your engagement, your grace." You said to Jungkook this time. "Y/n, please. Let me explain." He said.

You didn't pay attention though, you left the room as quick as possible. One hand covered your mouth to muffle the sobs leaving your lips and the other stayed over the baby in your belly.

You walked through the darkened paths lit up by the moon and torches, searching for the exit of the palace.

You were too emotional to actually be able to find the exit. Your eyes found a bench, deciding to sit down and take all your emotions out.

You let your sobs out, screaming and shouting from what you guessed was Jungkook and the woman echoing through the palace like unintelligible words.

You heard footsteps echo down the path towards you, the shoes making a rhythm against the wooden and stone ground.

"You found out, huh?"

[ I'm kind of back lmao ]