• Seven •

Jungkook stared at your hands before looking up, staring at your slightly pink face. Your heart was racing at the closeness between you two.

You looked up from your intertwined hands and into his eyes, his hands pulling you closer. "You are beautiful, princess." He whispered.

Your eyes examined his face before falling upon his lips, Jungkook's eyes falling upon yours. You felt the urge to kiss him, wanting to feel his lips on yours.

It had been long since you felt like that towards someone, and you were lucky enough to already feel something for this man.

It was definitely what people called Love at First Sight. You were meant to marry him and neither of you could stop it.

Unless...

The doors slammed open to the chamber, Jungkook and you pulling away instantly and standing side by side.

You stared at the ground with your hands together. "Who dares interrupt the king and-?!" Jungkook began, soon cutting himself off.

"Q-Queen Mother." He stuttered. At the sound of his words, your eyes widened. It was the queen, Jungkook's mother, who had barged in and interrupted your sweet moment.

"Jungkook. My sweet boy." She said in an irritating voice. Rumors around your village said that she was arrogant and she only sought money and glory.

They say that was the reason she married the king in the first place. "My queen." You said, bowing softly.

You were stopped midway by Jungkook though. "Do not bow to her." He whispered. With a confused look, staring at him, you shook your head.

"She is the queen, Jungkook. I have to." You whispered back. "How dare you call the king by his name?!"

The sudden yell made you jump back and into Jungkook's arms without realizing, staying there with wide eyes.

"Do not yell at her, mother!" Jungkook yelled back. You lowered your head when she glared at you, making you gulp nervously.

Jungkook's arms were wrapped around yours, making you feel protected and warm.

The woman scoffed, her eyes wide as she stared at you and Jungkook. "How dare you keep that filthy woman beside you?" She said through gritted teeth.

Jungkook's moved you behind him before heading to where the queen mother was standing.

His eyes started glowing in rage, glaring at his mother. "She is not filthy. You are nobody to tell me who to keep beside me." He said through gritted teeth.

You could see the bright blue neon color emitting from his eyes, your own eyes widening.

The queen's face had turned pale at the sight of his eyes. "J-Jungkook. Your eyes." She whispered.

"Yes, mother. Feel scared. Soon you will forget about your position and it will be given to Court Lady Y/n." He said in response.

When you looked down, you heard Jungkook shift to look at the door. "Guards! Escort Queen Mother to her quarters." He exclaimed.

"Jungkook, no! You cannot let her! She cannot be on the throne!" The queen shouted, the guards standing in the way, in front of her.

"Leave," Jungkook said quietly. Once the guards escorted her outside, Jungkook sighed, turning to you. "I'm sorry my mother is like that." He said.

"She is right." You replied, staring at his with lowered eyebrows, clearly showing worry. His eyes furrowed in confusion, unable to understand.

You had a vision. You could see things going bad if you two really got married. "Everyone will hate you, your grace." You said, backing away towards the door.

"You can't marry a court lady like me. You need to marry a princess." You quickly said before turning around to run out of the room.

The moment you were about to run off, strong arms wrapped around your waist, locking your arms in place while your hands held your skirt.

He stayed there in silence when you didn't try to pull away. You could feel his slow breaths hit your exposed neck, sending shivers down your spine.

His hands moved to take yours, his lips parting and brushing against your soft skin. He shakily moved his hand to your cheek, making you look at him.

Your eyes were filled with tears, too scared of what could happen. "Shh..." He wiped a tear away from your cheek that had fallen.

You closed your eyes softly at the feeling of his soft hand resting on your cheek, wiping away the tear.

His forehead pressed against yours and you could feel his heart slamming against his chest on your back.

"I don't care what people think. I need you, Y/n."