• Fifteen •

"Are you sleeping?" You heard a quiet whisper in your ear

"Are you sleeping?" You heard a quiet whisper in your ear. You shifted slightly in your sleep, your eyes closed while you sighed.

"No. I'm awake." You said sleepily. You were resting on his bed, your head on his chest with a blanket covering your body and up to his waist.

He chuckled quietly, pressing his lips on your temple gently and placing a sweet kiss there. "You don't sound awake." He replied.

With a giggle, you opened your eyes and looked up at him. "All the lovemaking has got me tired, Jungkook." You said.

He caressed your arm up and down with one hand while the other rested on his abs. He hummed quietly, staring at the ceiling.

"Did you really mean it?" You asked. He looked down at you when you looked up, his eyebrows furrowed and eyes showing confusion.

"Mean what?" He asked. You leaned your chin on your hand against his chest, heaving a sigh. "About getting married next week."

His eyebrows relaxed against his face and he said a quiet 'oh'. "You mean that." He said quietly before humming, looking up at the ceiling.

"Hm, I don't know. I may want to marry one of my maids now." He said. You could sense he was joking, his lips curving at the edges into a small playful smile.

He glanced down at you as you punched his chest, sitting up with your back to him. You hugged the blanket close to your chest, hearing Jungkook chuckling behind you while sitting up.

He hugged you from behind, his chin on your shoulder with a smile on his lips. "Of course I would marry you. Not only because my father wanted to." He said.

"But because I love you." Your head snapped to the side to look at him with wide eyes, your lips parting slightly in a bit of shock.

"What?" You whispered. "What? Is it so weird I love you?" Jungkook whispered back playfully. His hand moved to your cheek and pulled you closer, closing the distance between you with a sweet kiss.

You closed your eyes slowly as you kissed him back, turning around in his arms and sitting with your legs around his waist.

Jungkook smiled into the kiss, placing his hands on your hips and hugging you closer. After a few seconds, he pulled away from the kiss and looked up at you.

"Stay with me in the palace. We will go and check on the village every now and then. I will provide workers so they can fix up the broken houses and build a protective wall around it."

You stared down at him with a sad smile. "You bringing them food was enough. I don't want the villagers to think that I am using you to get my village safe." You sighed.

"I'll tell them it's my idea. That I did it to help them out." You shook your head with a sigh, looking to the side. "It's of no use."

You looked back at him with a smile, pecking his nose. "They'll manage without their king. You did enough." You said.

He sighed soon after, completely giving up in trying to change your mind. "Okay then. Whatever you say." He replied.

His hands caressed your hips, the soothing touch against your skin making you relax and your eyes fall closed. "How about we go have dinner? It's late anyway and I am not letting you go home at this hour of the night." He chuckled.

After approximately 30 minutes, you and Jungkook were dressed in your sleeping gowns and sitting on the floor where a table with food was set.

"I made sure your favorite dishes are here." He said, gesturing to the countless plates with meat, vegetables, and more things that you loved.

"Thank you, Jungkook." You replied. You instantly dug in, having been hungry after helping all the villagers that needed to be taken care of.

You stuffed your mouth with rice, meat, and a lettuce leaf, looking up at Jungkook to see him staring at you with a teasing smile.

You blushed softly, straightening yourself and clearing your throat as you chewed on the food. "No, please. Don't mind me. I am sure you are very hungry after everything today." He said, chuckling softly.

His words made you think of the ritual you did. The pain you felt was unbelievable. It was like the sword itself was slashing your body 10 times per second.

With a soft sigh, you stared blankly at nothing. Then it hit you. The sword had the blood of many innocents on it. Your family tree was cursed by the sword, making them all give their body it wouldn't unleash hell on the world.

"Y/n." You snapped out of your state, looking at Jungkook with wide eyes. His hand holding the chopsticks rested on the table while the other rested on his lap.

He was chewing on some food, his eyes narrowed at you while staring in worry. "Are you okay?" He asked. With a nod, you smile and took a bite of your rice.

"Better than ever." You sighed. You looked down at your bowl when your smile disappeared, your mind still going back to the ritual.

Many images of people getting killed by the sword had filled your mind then, repeating like a movie in your head now.

You jumped when a hand took yours the warmth calming your heart that had started racing without you noticing.

"Everything will be fine. Once we marry, it will all be gone, forever."