• Twenty •

When Hoseok pulled his mask off, you jumped and hugged him tightly, chuckling in surprise

When Hoseok pulled his mask off, you jumped and hugged him tightly, chuckling in surprise. "Wow. This is amazing." You said in shock, pulling away to stare at him. Hoseok held your hands away from you, squeezing them softly.

"Wah! You've grown so much and look at you, you're pregnant too." He giggled happily, patting your stomach and leaning down to face it. "Hello, kiddo~ Who's your appa?" He asked happily, looking up at you with a wide smile.

"About that..." You trailed off, seeing his smile slowly disappear. "You didn't have a one night stand, did you?" He asked, making you widen your eyes and quickly shake your head. "God, no!" You exclaimed.

After pulling him to sit down on a rock with you, you told him everything. From when you met Jungkook to when your aunt passed away and how in the end, Jungkook lied about you marrying him.

Hoseok was your childhood friend, someone you grew up with before you moved to the village with your parents. He stared blankly at the water of the lake, taking it all in as you stared at him before looking at the lake too.

"And so, my child's father is Jeon Jungkook, the king." You said. Now that you had explained the story, you realized it kind of sounded unreal and that you had come up with it. But hopefully, Hoseok actually believed you.

"Did he at least try to bring you back?" He asked, turning to you, his eyes slightly worried. You looked down, fidgeting with your fingers.

"He did. But I couldn't look at him. I left after I told him I don't want to see him." You replied. Hoseok's hand went to your shoulders.

You looked up at him as he chuckled, "Y/n, you are literally pregnant with the legal heir to the throne." He said, his eyes sparkling.

"What you did was right but he still has the right to see his child and he has to take care of you," Hoseok said. You stood up at his words, scoffing softly.

"Are you really siding with him?" You asked in shock. He stood up along with you, sighing softly. "No, I'm not siding with anyone." He replied.

"You were wrong for running away and not letting him fully explain and he was wrong for not telling you before you found out yourself because of a drama queen." He sighed.

You stared at each other as you thought about what he said. He was right, you and Jungkook were wrong.

You were going to say something but you turned when you heard someone panting and running up the path.

"Junae?" You said in surprise, letting her stop and take a few deep breaths, breathing heavily.

"Pri-Princess...." She trailed off, regaining her breath after a few seconds.

"K-King Jungkook... He is here... With his guards and Jimin." She said. Your eyes widened, looking towards Hoseok as he stared in surprise.

"Let's meet him then," Hoseok said, starting to pull you back to your house.

||

"So, you are the famous King Jungkook?" Hoseok asked. Jungkook, you, and Hoseok stood in the entrance of your house.

You kept one hand over your stomach as you stared into his eyes deeply, tears in your eyes. His shined too, making you believe he was tearful too.

"Yes, I am King Jungkook," Jungkook responded. Hoseok moved to your side, taking your hand in his and pointing to your grown stomach.

"She is pregnant with your child. And you call yourself a king?" Hoseok said, making you gasp and grab his arm with your other hand, wide-eyed.

"Hoseok!" You whisper-yelled but he didn't pay attention to you. "You are supposed to take care of your citizens and love those you love."

"But you... You didn't even do anything to keep her beside you, right?" Hoseok said, his teeth gritted in anger. You sobbed softly, glancing at Jungkook.

He was biting his lower lip which was trembling, his hands gripping the sword before he drew it out and ran towards you and him.

Out of instinct, you moved in front of Hoseok as Jungkook was inches away. You gasped when Jungkook came to a stop, the tip of the sword against your stomach.

You shakily looked down, your lips trembling slightly before sighing. Jungkook stared in rage at Hoseok before looking down, pulling the sword away.

His hand went to your stomach and rested there, caressing it with his thumb. "I'm sorry..." He whispered.

Your breath shook as you breathed in and out, staring at Jungkook. "Let's go inside, they shouldn't be watching all of this." You said quietly.

Jungkook glanced at his guards and Jimin who was staring at you, giving you a smile when you looked at him.

"Okay, let's go," Jungkook said. You gestured him towards the house, watching him walk away before you turned to Hoseok.

"I like it that you try to protect me and I'm thankful, but don't talk to him like that because I don't know what he is capable of." You whispered, caressing his cheek before going inside with Jungkook.

You saw him standing in the main room, turning around when he heard you come inside. "How... How long are you?" He asked, pointing to your stomach.

"I'm 6 or 7 months, entering the 8th." You replied. You poured some tea in two cups, turning around to head towards him after you did so.

Jungkook fell to his knees when you leaned down to place the cups on the table. Your eyes widened, his teary eyes staring into yours.

"Please, come back." He whimpered, a quiet sob leaving his lips. Tears started streaming down his cheeks while he sniffled.

Your eyes filled with tears at him begging you to go back. You knew he was a type of person that cared for those around him, but you didn't think he would beg you on his knees.

"It's been 6 months, Jungkook. And you probably married that woman-" Jungkook grabbed your hands and cut you off, shaking his hand as he shushed you quietly.

"I didn't. I've been away from the palace ever since you left, searching for you." He said. "You can ask Jimin."

[]

Is it me, or is the book starting to be boring? I feel like I am not working hard enough for this one... ;-;

- KOOKA-