• Eight •

"Pour this in and stir

"Pour this in and stir. It will give it a sweet and sour taste." You explained to the girl that was cooking with your help.

It had been a few days since the small moment between the two of you. He had been busy taking care of the country, unable to see you for more than 20 mins.

"Like this? Does it taste good, Court Lady?" The girl asked. You took a spoon, getting a few drops of the soup and tasting it.

"It's missing some salt, put a little bit." You said, hearing someone burst through the doors. You turned around with wide eyes but you were dragged away.

"Yah!" You exclaimed in surprise, running along with the person who dragged you. After a few seconds, you caught sight of Jungkook.

He was the one who was dragging you. You ran along with him through the palace, his hand holding yours while you held your skirt up.

He turned to look at you with a wide smile, making you giggle widely. You passed by some guards who looked with wide eyes, chuckling at the two of you.

Some maids bowed too, historians writing in their books what was happening as you ran through the garden.

"Come on, cross." He said once you reached a small bridge that was over a river. He was panting along with your, steam coming out as you did so.

You walked through the bridge and reached the other side after letting go of his hand. "It's cold, do you need a blanket or coat?" He asked, reaching your side.

"I'm fine, I've put some extra clothes under the hanbok." You said, furrowing your eyebrows when he started looking through his hanbok.

"What are you looking for?" You managed to ask before he quickly pulled you towards a tree, his eyes wide

He pressed your back against the trunk, the bushes around you hiding you. With a nervous glance, you stared up at him.

His eyes were staring nervously at however was walking down the path, many footsteps echoing through the small forest.

When you turned to glance, you saw Queen Mother walking down the path and over the bridge. "You are hiding from your mother now?" You whispered.

You turned to glance at him only to see his face inches away from yours. "I don't want another drama reaction like the other day." He whispered.

You could feel his breath against your lips, his eyes never leaving yours. Your lips parted a bit, feeling his hand in your hip.

The other was by your head against the tree. "Your eyes sparkle like the sun shining on the snow." He whispered.

You blushed softly at his sudden comment, making you look away shyly. "Don't hide." He whispered again, a small grin on his lips.

He moved his hand to your chin, making you look at him. You stared at him until he started leaning in, his eyes on your lips.

Your eyes moved to his lips as well when he was about to kiss you, closing them after they connected. The soft feeling of his thin lips on yours made your stomach and heart fill with euphoria.

His eyes fell closed while he moved his lips slowly, stepping closer to you. His hand rested on your cheek while the other was still on your hip.

Your hands were on his chest, gripping the hanbok he had on tightly. It felt like you were both in the clouds as you kissed.

After a few seconds of kissing, he pulled away slowly. "Even your lips feel like clouds." He whispered, his eyes parting open after yours did.

"Yours feel like cotton candy. Sweet and soft." You whispered back, blushing deeply. He chuckled in response, leaving a quick, long peck on your lips.

"Let's go. I have lunch prepared for us." He said, taking your hand in his. He moved behind you and hugged you, smiling widely.

"I really missed you." He whispered, waddling your way to where he had planned your picnic. "I did too." You said.

After reaching the place, your eyes widened in shock at how beautiful everything looked

After reaching the place, your eyes widened in shock at how beautiful everything looked. "Jungkook..." You mumbled.

"Does it look good?" He asked, pulling away and helping you sit down on the blankets. "It looks amazing." You chuckled, staring wide-eyed at all the food.

"I'm glad, I also have another surprise." He said, making you widen your eyes impossibly more. He pointed with his finger to the beach down a small path, a tent showing.

 He pointed with his finger to the beach down a small path, a tent showing

"I want us to spend the night there, I hope you don't mind." He said, his bunny teeth showing as he smiled to you.

"What is all this for? It's a lot." You giggled, turning to look at him. He took your hands in his and sighed happily, kissing your knuckles.

"I managed to get an agreement for our marriage."