Change isn't always easy // bill 

Part 1

Y/N Uris had thought her parents divorce would be the biggest surprise she got that summer. Then came the killer clown turning into her worst nightmares and the Losers Club breaking up. But nothing could prepare her for almost a month after the incident when she opened the door someone had been furiously knocking on to find Bill Denbrough standing there.

The sight of him was enough to knock the air from her lungs, her eyes widening in surprise while Bill stared at her in equal shock with his hand still frozen in the air like he was about to knock on the door again.

"Bill?" Y/N whispered, her eyes flickering over the boy in shock because she still couldn't quite believe her eyes. She hadn't talked to Bill in a month. What was he doing here?

"Y/N," Bill breathed out, trying desperately to calm his frantically beating heart. How was it that just the mere sight of her was able to send his nerves into overdrive and make his brain go fuzzy when only moments before he had been the most confident he had ever been?

"What are you. . .what are you doing here?" Y/N asked, swallowing thickly as she looked to the boy in worry. "Is something wrong? Are you okay?"

Bill swore he about swooned at that. For even after the way they had ended things and a month of not talking, she was still concerned for his wellbeing.

It took him a moment before he was able to snap back to reality and he nodded his head, finally letting his hand fall back down to his side. "Yes, I'm. . .I'm fine. B-B-But Beverly is not," he said making the girl tense, her eyes widening once again.

"Beverly? What's wrong with Beverly?" Y/N questioned, now on high alert.

"I-I-I went to go visit her because I needed some advice about s-s-something, but when I got there it was like no one was home. I don't know how it h-h-happened but I ended up going towards the bathroom and I found a message wr-wr-written in blood on the wall," Bill explained while Y/N stared at him in horror, her mouth going dry while her stomach began to grow queasy. The young girl shook her head slightly, not wanting Bill to say the words that she knew he was about to say.

"It's got Beverly, Y/N. It has her."

Y/N didn't respond for a moment and Bill had never been more terrified in his life wondering what she was going to do next. Would she slam the door in his face? Maybe laugh? Would she even want to help? Who was he kidding, of course she would want to help. He was just wondering if she would forgive him or not.

"I'll go tell Stanley and then we can go get the others," Y/N finally said, nodding her head slightly as she let out a shaky breath. She didn't care if she was scared or not. Beverly was in trouble and Y/N would always do whatever it takes to keep her friends safe.

Bill barely had time to get over his surprise before Y/N was turning to head back into the house and find Stan. However, she hadn't even taken a step before Bill's hand suddenly lunged out, gently grasping onto the girl's wrist and causing her to jump in surprise before turning to look at him with a soft yet questioning look on her face.

"Bill?" Y/N whispered, her eyes flickering over his face in confusion.

Bill merely stared at her with his mouth opening and closing for a moment as he tried to gather his thoughts. It took a second but he finally managed to swallow his nerves before he whispered, "I'm sorry."

Y/N froze at that and Bill looked down at the ground as he gently moved his hand from the girl's wrist to her hand. He used both of his hands to hold onto it tight as he began to speak.

"I'm s-s-sorry for what happened a month ago. Me risking your life and the lives of our fr-fr-friends wasn't cool and I'm sorry for the way that I acted. S-S-Seeing you walk away from me that day was the worst feeling in the world and n-n-not having you by my side for the past month was just as bad. I'm just. . .I'm s-s-so sorry," Bill muttered, his voice shaky as he gripped onto the girl's hands.