Strings // bill

"you guys wanna hang today?" richie asked the group at lunch.
"sure, when?" eddie chirped.
"today, duh," richie rolled his eyes and eddie threw a cracker at him.
"sorry, not today," you gave a sheepish smile towards richie and he huffed at you.
"but why? must you despise me that much?" richie 'fainted' into stan's lap before stan scooted away, letting richie's head collide with the seat. "fuck you stanley, hope your pickle falls off."
"well, i made today a guitar practicing day and i don't want to bail on it like i've been doing for the last two weeks, sorry!" you push your shoulders up and threw a fry into your mouth.
"boo, you suck y/n," richie blew a raspberry at you and you blew one back. "what about you bill?"
bill didn't hear richie for he was too zoned out looking at you. it's kind of like those moments in the movies where the boy looks at a girl and everything just tunes out. chatter becomes white noise and everything surrounding you blurs out, his focus just on you.
"william denbrough!" richie barked, whacking him with a rolled up piece of paper. bill shook his head back to reality and glared at richie. "ah, there you are."
"f-f-fuck y-you, wh-what d-do y-you want?" bill narrowed his eyes in irritation and richie put his hands up in defense.
"calm down, betty," he said in a mocking tone. "i was asking if you wanted to hang out or are you going to bail like y/n?"
"tozier, we can have a throw down right here, right now."
"m-maybe, i d-don't k-know," bill shrugged and richie huffed.
"gosh, y/n! you're such a fucking influencer."

"love you more tozier."
bill was glad he had last period with you because when the bell rang and you started to pack up, he walked over to your desk and you look up at him, smiling brightly.
"what's up, bill?"
"u-uh, y-y-you k-know h-how y-you're n-not g-g-gonna h-hang w-with u-us b-because," bill mentally slapped himself in his head. now his stutter acts up? you probably think he's a dork! "y-you're g-g-going t-to pr-practice y-your g-guitar?"
"yeah, what about it?" you ask, getting up from your seat and beginning to walk out the room, bill keeping pace next to you.
"c-can i c-come?" bill asked, looking at you. "o-only i-if y-y-you w-want m-me t-to," he added soon after.
"i would love that! you can be my audience!" you grinned. "stop by the house later, okay? see ya."
"o-okay," bill felt so giddy inside, he could burst. he watched you walk away and then proceeded to scan the courtyard for richie or any of his other friends. he spotted all of them by the bike rack and he raced over there.
"there you are, we were waiting for you!" ben effused and bill shook his head at him.
"s-sorry g-guys, i-i'm g-going to y-y/n's h-house," bill quickly explained.
"whipped," richie coughed and the others burst into giggles.
"a-am not!" bill glared at them and flicked them off.
"kinda are, bill," stan smirked. "no offense."
"yeah, you think we don't notice how you stare at her like she's an angel of the Lord?" eddie jested, elbowing mike who grinned at him.
"or how you treat her like she's the queen of derry?" mike snorted.
"fuck you guys," bill stuck his tongue out, proud he didn't stutter when he swore at them. "b-but, i-i'll make it u-up l-later."
"that better be a promise, billy boy!"
you heard knocks from downstairs and you put your music sheets aside and ran down the stairs of your house, stalking over to the door and twisting the doorknob open.
once the door opened, you see bill, backpack hanging down by his side, and a small smile on his face.
"hey, bill!" you step aside from the door frame and allowed him to come in. you take him upstairs to your room and you got back on your bed.
"y-you h-have a n-n-nice h-house," bill smiled as he sat on your carpeted floor, crossing his legs over themselves.
"thanks, bill," you reach over across your bed and felt around the other side of your bed until you felt the handle of your guitar case, promptly pulling it onto the bed. "i hope you won't get bored watching me strum some chords."
"n-no, n-not a-at a-all!" bill shook his head vigorously. "b-beats b-being in d-dangerous s-s-situation w-with r-richie."
you laughed and bill thanked the heavens for the most melodic sound.
"well, i've been practicing this song since i got this guitar and i think i got it perfect now," you unzip your guitar case and pull out your acoustic guitar that you got last christmas and pull it to your lap. "prize if you guess the song within the first minute."
"o-okay."
you grabbed your guitar pick, took a deep breath and bit your lip. here goes nothing right?
your fingers take their positions on the beginning chords and you strum the strings of your guitar. the gentle sound it makes was enough to wash away anything on your mind.
"e-endless l-love," bill mumbled, entranced by the way your fingers moved across the guitar and the subtle vibrations of the strings. the song and how you were playing it was so soft and gentle, almost like a cloud.
you smiled a bit, not looking up from the guitar, afraid to mess up in front of bill. you nodded your head and kept on strumming the strings of your guitar, each strum making bill fall in love a little bit more each time.
"my endless love," you sang under your breath and bill felt his heart soar from the wonderful sound. even angels couldn't compare to what he just heard. you exhaled and set your guitar aside, finally looking at bill. "did i do alright?"
"th-that w-was a-amazing," bill gushed and you felt a blush rise to your cheeks.
"thanks, bill," you slide down from you bed and crawled over to bill and kissed him on the cheek, giggling afterward. "i did say you'd get a prize, right?"
bill was on cloud-nine at this point and he held his hand to cheek.
"y-yeah."