Chapter 10- Bandages.

Start from the beginning

As she heard footsteps (Baldy walked really loudly) she looked up, making eye contact with Keefe immediately. Her breath hitched in her throat and her eyes widened.

"Kee-" she started but Baldy cut her off,
"No talking to others."
Keefe gave him the side eye and said. "It's OK Foster, we'll be OK."
Baldy just sighted in defeat, and they kept on going, travelling away from Sophie.

While they walked Keefe tried to keep count of where they were going. And as he couldn't feel Baldy's emotions, he guessed that his powers were being cut off by the Neverseen somewhere. There went the hope of being able to contact Foster.

"So, Baldy, how'd you end up here? My mother's oh so amazing persuading skills or did you just casually run away from the council, as you do?" Keefe broke the silence, well silence except for Baldy's shoes.

"No talking. To me. Or to anybody else, including that girl." Was all Baldy replied.

Baldy then stopped Keefe infront of an iron door.

"Is this where you're going to kill m-" Keefe was shut off by Baldy.

"Be quiet. How does anybody stand you? And don't answer that question." Baldy said as Keefe opened his mouth, opening the metal door.

Inside was a medics office. Almost like Elwin's, if you changed all Elwin's walls, cots, and furniture into metal and also changed the layout of his office. It was nothing like Elwin's, except from the fact that it was a healing center. It looked more like a torture centre though.

Keefe took a step forward, into the room and looked around, before being pushed further into the room by Baldy.

Then the door slammed shut.

A tall woman, who was gangly and had long greasy hair came out if the office by the brewing table, she had oily olive skin and spider like fingers. Keefe took a cautious step back, if this was the Neverseen's version of Elwin he was out of there (he was going to get out if this prison experience anyways but the room would be a start).

"Excuse me Lucia, I believe you are blocking my way to my patient." Said a voice behind the gangly woman.

The 'Lucia' lady just tutted and took a step to the side, revealing another lady, this time -though- looking friendlier. She had dark clurly hair that hung in a halo around her head. She had honey brown eyes and her dark skin shone, even in the unflattering light of the healing center. Her lips broke into a friendly smile when she saw him, and only when she started smiling did he realize that she had been glaring at Lucia.

"Keefe, I believe your here to get you're bandaged changes. Well I doubt they told you so that's what I'm here to do, come and have a seat on the cot over there." She said in a warm voice, gesturing over to the cot in the right hand corner. A door quietly shut, signaling that the 'Lucia' lady had left

Her slender fingers worked quickly, quickly injecting antiseptic into his arm, then unwrapping the bandage and wiping off the dressing. Revealing a gruesome wound it the side of Keefe's arm, the kind physician sucked in her breath when she saw it. Keefe hadn't noticed the yuckiness of it before. Hadn't it been small? It seems that the sedative messed with your actual vision as well.

I thought you said it was a scratch! I've seen worse, yes, but this is deep, bruised, and mabye even infected wound, right over an artery. You said it was 'only a minor scratch'!" She said to Baldy accusingly.

"The girls is worse." Was all Baldy mumbled back in an ashamed answer.

In a millisecond Keefe was up on his feat and stood in front of Baldy. "WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?!" Keefe yelled at Baldy, grabbing his collar, "WHAT DID YOU DO?! IF YOU HURT HER I PROMISE I WILL, IM GONNA RIP YOU TO SHREDS!" If you looked close enough, you could see a vein poking out on the side of his temple.
He wouldn't have usually reacted like this, but a side effect of that specific antiseptic was that the patients emotions seemed to intensify.

"Keefe," the kind Physician said, placing a hand gently on Keefe's arm, "calm down, I'm sure that the girl in question will be ok. I just need you to sit down on the cot again, ok?"

"O-ok." Was all Keefe replied.

"I'm Agnes by the way, now please sit still." Agnes, the kind physician said.

And while she was adding some sort of liquid here and some other sort of elixir there, reapplying the dressing, putting on a new bandage and while Keefe was being walked back to the metal box he was being kept in all he seemed to think about was 'How did a such a kind elf like Agnes end up it a hell whole like this?' and the constant question in his brain 'Is Sophie ok? How can we get out of here?'

---

A/n:

This chapter is 3am writing but anyways. I'm tired and hungry and our school is giving out homework like there's no tomorrow, but who cares?

For me it looks like some more sleepless nights of writing ahead, but rest assured. We will survive!

Please stay safe during the quarantine.

Word count: 1714

-immasecretlemonadedrinker