Taraji's POV and A Little Bit of Carl's

Taraji's POV

I closed the door and locked it immediately. I went to the bathroom and splashed my face with water then dried it off, trying to calm down.

What are you doing taraji? You have a boyfriend that you love. You can't be pining over a boy. It's Carl! Of course I can't stop being in love with him. Holy shit, I'm still in love with him!

I grabbed my phone and called Joey but he didn't answer. I called him again and he texted me when he didn't answer again. All it said was, classes sorry. I felt bad for blowing his phone up now and just tried to calm down and relax.

How are you gonna be in love with the person that's toxic for you? They both cheated though. What's the difference? There isn't one, you just want there to be. Yeah, but I am dating Joey and I love him I just wish that we were closer.

I thought back to earlier when he was here and my eyes widened. I grabbed my phone and looked at the text message. He didn't have classes today that's why he left today. He lied to me.

I put my phone down and a bunch of bad thoughts came rushing into my head as I stared down at the text message. I debated whether or not to call him out on it or to just leave it be.

I finally came out of the bathroom and sat down on my bed. I layed down burying my face in the pillow he was laying on and smelled it. I frowned cause the sent of him had faded but just kept laying there till I finally decided to get up after thinking and getting angrier and angrier that he lied to me.

I opened the door and he was sitting outside of it. He stood up and I looked in his eyes and he hugged me. I didn't fight back or hold back the tears that were streaming down my face.

He held me and I tried to calm down. I wiped my eyes. "He lied to me." I sniffled. "What?" "He lied to me, for no reason. I just wanted to talk, to see his face and he lied to me." "Joey?" I nodded and he pulled me closer. We stood there for a while before I pulled away. He wiped my eyes and kissed my forehead.

"Come on, let's get ready so we can go." I nodded. "Okay." We walked downstairs after I grabbed my bag. I put my shoes on and went to check on Reece. Carl peered over me and knocked on the door. "We're leaving, we should be back around like noon tomorrow, okay." He nodded and we walked out going to the car.

He put my bags in the backseat then started driving.

Carl's POV

What did he lie to her about? Why did he have to lie in the first place? I swear to god if he's cheating on her again. My grip tightened on the wheel. I tried to calm down.

The rest of the ride was silent. No music or anything it was just silent. I parked and we went in through the back gates and up to the room. We settled in and I went to the bathroom to change and only hoped that her swimsuit and towel was in the other bathroom.

I came out and waited for her. She eventually came out of the bathroom in her swimsuit and I smiled at her. We walked down to the pool and I got in not waisting time. She let her hair down and got in.

We swam around for a while and I was happy to see her smiling. She splashed me and I splashed her back making her laugh. She splashed me again and I looked at her then started swimming after her. She started swimming away and got to a corner and I blocked her off.

She pulled me closer, wrapping her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. She bit her bottom lip then smiled at me. I walked around the pool with her on my lap trying to prevent anything from happening.

She pushed me against the wall and I looked up at her. She leaned in and I held her back. "Are you sure you want to do this?" She looked at me. "Yeah." She leaned in but I held her again. "I don't know if we should." "Please."