Part 2

Taraji's POV

"Want to make something?" I asked him.

"What do you mean?" "Like make some food or something." "She's probably gonna be here in a few minutes." "Okay."

"So we probably shouldn't make anything." "Why not, there's a bunch of things we can make in a few minutes."

"Really." I looked at him. He continued. "What can we make that only takes like twelve minutes." "Lots of things." He looked at me. "Fine. We won't make anything." I rolled my eyes.

I got some ice cream and ate it waiting for Debbie to get here. The door opened and I looked to see my mom coming through the door laughing then saw Charles behind her.

"What are you doing home so early? And with him." "Him has a name and I got off early so I decided to go see him. Is that a problem." "I guess not."

I walked into the living room with them following behind me. Carl was sitting on the couch watching t.v.

"What is he doing here?" "He has a name and we are waiting on Debbie, she's took my car earlier and we have been waiting here cause she's coming to get us to go somewhere." "When are you gonna be home?"

"I don't even know if I'm coming home." "Why not?" She looked at me with her brow arched. "It's a suprise," Carl said.

She looked over at him. "What?" "She's not telling us where we are going." She looked back at me. "Why not?" "I don't know." "So what are you gonna do?" "I don't know." "Do you have classes in the morning?" "I don't think so." "Well you need to find out." "Okay. I'll just text you if I'm coming home okay." "Fine."

"Are you guys staying?" "No, I just gotta get a few things." She looked at him. "Actually it might be okay if we stay for a little while cause we'll be early if.. so I don't think..." "We can stay." He added. "Okay."

They went to her room and there was a knock at the door. I opened it and it was Debbie. She rushed in and went straight to the bathroom.

She came back and I gave her a hug. "You're car is awesome." "It's not that good." "Whatever." "Are you wearing that?"

She looked down taking in her outfit which was a pair of gray sweats that had a bunch of stains on them and a holy shirt.

"What time is it?" "11:32," Carl said. "Holy fuck, when did you get here?" "I've been here since like 9:30."

She looked back at me. "Can I borrow a pair of clothes?" "Sure." We went upstairs and I got some clothes out while she was in the shower. She came out and blow dried her hair.

I went back downstairs as she got dressed and Carl stood up

I went back downstairs as she got dressed and Carl stood up. "Are we going anytime soon or can I take a nap?" "She's getting dressed right now."

We went to the car and waited for her to come out. She got in and we drove off.

"Where is my money?" "Look in the arm rest." I opened it digging through.

"Fuck." "What?" "It's in my sweatpants, I'm sorry." "Do you have any money on you?" "Only enough for this." "Shit." "I can turn around we aren't that far." "You sure, I know we have to be there at a certain time." "It's fine." She looked at the time. "We will make it."

She turned and we went back to the house. I ran up the stairs and to my room grabbing her pants and shaking them. Everything fell out and I grabbed the money running back down the stairs and back to the car.

She drove off going faster than before. I looked at the time then counted the money. It was $25.

"How much did you put in the car?" "Like thirty-five. It was almost empty." "You should have just put fifteen dollars in it would have lasted us till we got back, believe me."

"If I would have know I would have. Maybe next time." "We are coming home, right?" "Maybe. I'll know for sure when it's over. Why?" "I have to tell my mom." "Oh, okay. I'll try and find out but I'm just gonna have to wait and see."

Carl looked up. "Can we talk about how you were like twelve hours late?" I looked at her wondering the same thing.

"I got lost then when I got back on the rode I got hungry so I stopped and got something to eat then left coming to get you guys but traffic was bad so it took longer than expected."

I gave her the side eye. "Yeah, okay," Carl said speaking for both of us. She looked at me trying to tell me something but I wasn't really getting it.

We talked some more and listened to the radio. She stopped at a red light and gave us blind folds. "Put these on."

The rest of the ride was dark and silent until I felt the car come to a stop. "We're here!"

The door opened then closed and I felt my door open along with a gust of wind. She helped me out of the car then Carl and locked arms with me and we walked.

I had my arms out in front of me. "Debbie I swear to god if you make me walk into a pole," Carl said. "I'm not, just keep walking we are almost there.

(Authors Note)
What will happen next? Keep reading to find out.
Hope you enjoyed.