🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁 1

━━━━━━ • ✿ • ━━━━━━

"Mother please, I'm working" Shownu sighed out with a small whine and plead in his voice.

He's been listening for almost two hours on his mother's none ending nagging about him being such a workaholic. It's tiring him out more than his actual work.

It's only a matter of time before he snap and for the love of all gods and goddesses he did not want to do that.
Despite being so frustrating his mother is still... well his mother. He should respect her, though the woman is making it very challenging for him.

"I can see that" His mother said matter-of-factly. Shownu made no movement in his seat. He kept his eyes trained on the files in front of him, a black pen in his hand as he tried to tune-out everything his mother says. He figured that the woman will leave him be if he refuse to entertain her ranting.

He listened for about another 7 minutes of her mother's nagging. His ears itching by the woman's reprimanding voice. His mind getting more exhausted of her repeated 'advices' and demands than all of his work in the office. He was so close to calling his secretary when he heard his full name being spout out by his mother.

"Son Hyunwoo" His mother called him in the most intimidating tone the woman can muster. "You listen to me when I talk" she lectured upon noticing that her son was not listening at her words at all.

Shownu sighed again for the nth time ever since his mother entered his office. He lifted his eyes up from his files to look at his mother.

She was standing right across from him, the office desk was the only thing separating the two of them. His eyes met his mother's disapproving and dissatisfied gaze that he almost, almost straighten his back to sit up properly. She had her arms crossed over her chest, her expensive golden and diamond bracelets that she wore, proudly lay on her arms, glinting and reflecting the lights as if they're mocking Shownu, her raven black hair fixed just right above her shoulders. She looked kind and soft but the atmosphere she radiates as she stare down at Shownu gives her an all-around stern ambience.

"I am listening mother" Shownu assured her. But the woman was not convinced by her son's words.

"You are hearing my words but that doesn't mean your are listening" She reprimanded.

"If you are truly listening then you should be doing what I told you. But what are you doing now? Nothing, still stuck in your seat drowning yourself in paperwork"

"This is what I'm supposed to do mother. I'm a very important person in our company and I need to set an example to all of my employees. How can I expect my subordinates to do their job properly when I don't do the same?" Shownu tried to explain as polite as possible.

His mother scoffed at his words.
"To the point that you don't go out? To the point that you basically sleep in your office almost every night? Don't you think that I don't know how much you overwork yourself. Hoseok had informed me you slept here for the last tw..."

Shownu inwardly rolled his eyes.

Hoseok of course.. That guy couldn't shut his mouth.

He thought to himself.

"... all I'm asking for you is to get out once in a while, have fun, relax, party, or have lunch with your friends... "

" Date, get married and have children" He couldn't help interrupting his mother. He knew this is what his mother was aiming at in the first place. The woman only wanted him to leave work to date and to finally settle down and have his very own family.