Chapter 14

Midoriya POV ~~~

After Kacchan placed our orders the waiter quickly left us alone again. I took my iced tea and took a sip of it. "This iced tea tastes really good Kacchan! Thank you for ordering it for me" I smile in his direction and he just looks at me curiously.

"You said you've never tried it before, right?", he asks me. I nod my head and he speaks again. "Why not, I mean last time I checked iced tea wasn't fucking a million dollars or anything"

I giggled at his remark, there was just something so refreshing about how he spoke his mind without a filter. It wasn't like back at home where everyone just said the same boring old things and had to make every sentence extremely elegant. Kacchan was just straight(yea right) forward and his sarcasm always lightened the mood.

"Well like I told you before, I never really go to restaurants often, my mother didn't like it, she thought it wasn't 'royal' and the food contained too many calories. I did sometimes order take out though or got Iida order me something. Before today, I had never set foot in a restaurant."

Kacchan listener intently to my story. It was nice, having someone to listen to you once in a while. "She sounds like and ass". I snickered at Kacchan's remark, "yea she really is, wish she was like other moms, ya know?"

He looked down at his drink longingly, "Yea I get ya. When I was of age, my parents 'retired' and moved away. It sucked not having my mom around, I mean she wasn't the best, but she was a pretty ok mom. Luckily though, I met my mentor, Toshinori Yagi, and his wife, Inko Yagi, really helped me through a lot. She's a sweet woman, she was never able to have kids so she always acts so motherly around everyone."

When Kacchan spoke, I could see him smile lightly as he looked down at his drink. I could tell that she was special to him. "She sounds like a lovely lady" I smiled at him. He looked back at me and said, "I'll take you to meet her one day." I lightly nodded and responded with, "I'm looking forward to it"

The waiter comes back with our dishes and placed them in front of us. "Is there anything else you all need?" Kacchan shook his head, "No, you can go"

I tasted my food and immediately fell in love with it. The way it melted in my mouth and exploded with different flavors was just the peak of perfection.

"This is seriously amazing!" I tell Kacchan. He tastes his dish and calmly says, "yea the food's pretty good". I looked at him and pouted, "it's not just 'good' it's perfect! Here-" I scooped up some of my fish with a spoon and reached over the table, "-try it!" He leans in and I feed him.

He chews for a bit and pretends to be examining the taste, carefully analyzing each bite before coming to his conclusion, "it's ok". I look at him disappointed and he just laughs, "relax, I'm kidding! Your right it is really good"

I look at him as he continues to laugh, his smile plastering itself naturally on his handsome face. Without even thinking, I automatically tell him, "you should smile more often" He looks at me curiously, "And why is that?"

I smile at him brightly, "because you look handsome when you do it!" He looks pleasant surprised and continues eating his food, "Well I smile when I'm happy", he tells me. I return to my food too, asking him, "Well what makes you happy?"

He looks down at his plate, thinking for a while before responding with, "Winning, Cooking, All Might-". Before he can say anything else, I cut him off, "You like All Might too?!". My eyes sparkle as I look at him, hoping for him to say the answer I want.

"Of course I am, what kind of dumbass wouldn't!" He looks at me with a smirk on his face. I squeal in delight, probs all scaring some of the other customers, but did I care, no. This was ALL MIGHT we were talking about so there is no way there stopping me.

Kacchan and I spent the rest of our dinner talking about All Might and all of our interests. It was nice, just enjoying our food while getting to know someone that you don't have to be formal with. It mostly consisted with my giggles and his snickers but I defiantly enjoyed it.

When we were done, Kacchan payed for the bill and walked me outside. It was around 5 in the afternoon so it wasn't too late or anything. Kacchan opened the door to the passenger seat of the car for me and said, "Come on nerd, there's still one more place to go"

"Who are you calling a nerd? Last time I checked you said it yourself that your an All Might fanboy" I playfully argued with him as he just responded with, "Still doesn't change the fact that ur a nerd". I giggle and said, "ok yea you got me there"

We drove to the next mystery location as we talked with music playing in the background. I noticed Kacchan driving slower until he finally stopped. "We're here" he informs me and I turn to look at our destination:

The beach