Grandma's Meat Buns

Ingredients: Premium light soy sauce, already finished minced meat, raw egg, five spice powder, ginger, mushrooms, cabbages, pure sesame oil, green onions,   

Tools: Two bowls, a knife and a big knife, a cutting board, a pot,  

Bun Filling:

First, you take your minced meat, and add some five spice powder in it, and stir it. Then, put your ginger onto a cutting board, and cut (not all of it) it into tiny slips. Then, stack the slips of ginger together, and cut them into bits. Then add the ginger to the minced meat, and add some water. 

Then, take your mushrooms and cut them into thin or thick pieces, and like the ginger, put them in a pile and mince them into very tiny bits. 

Stir the minced meat, and add three-quarters of a spoon of salt. Then, stir it, and add premium light soy sauce before stirring it again. Then use a spoon to press into the meat over and over again, fast so it won't be hard and it would taste better. Then, put the mushrooms in and stir it.

Take your cabbages and wash them and put them in a separate bowl. Then cut the cabbages starting from where it's roots should be to it's top, and you should end up with good slices of cabbage. Then scoop them up into a pile, and chop them with the big knife. There should be sound as you do it, so don't think your doing it wrong if sound comes out. You have to do it hard, if it is only barely a sound you are not doing it correctly. Then, pour the cabbages into the same bowl as the minced meat, and arrange them on one side with the minced meat on the other. Then pour the sesame oil into the cabbage side, rotating the oil three times.

Then, slice up your green onions into pieces, and put the green onions into the cabbage side, and add half a spoon of sesame oil, and add some salt.

Bun Outside:

Then, get how much flour you want onto the biggest cutting board, which should be made of wood. If it is not, that is fine. If you have any dough left from the porcupine buns, use it, but if you don't, you can make some more from the porcupine bun recipe. If you don't have any dough left, make more on another cutting board and put it on the flour, and if you do have some dough left from the porcupine buns, then use a knife to unstick the dough onto the cutting board. Then, roll the dough into the flour so it wouldn't stick. Then, stick it there for ten minutes. If you have any more flour left, put it in a pile because we will be needing it soon, and if you don't, then add some more flour to the cutting board, and push it to the side. Then, roll the dough into a circular shape, and flip it. Keep on doing that until it's ready. Cut it (it is easier to chop it) into bun-like shapes, but smaller, and sculpt it into round shapes, then squash it, not thin, not thick, but in the middle. After you have used up all of your dough, and cut the ones that are too big, and use the pieces to make one more. Then, roll the round dough into flat circle shapes, going from left to right. Make sure the middle is fatter than the outside.     

Bun Making:

As for the filling, add oyster flavored sauce into the bowl, and stir the whole thing together. Then, take a spoon, spoon some filling, and dump it into the middle of the 2D circle, and pucker up the top, and dip the bottom in flour before putting it in a corner of the cutting board so it doesn't stick. You can also make them dumpling shaped, make sure you press the top twice, and try to dip the bottom in the flour cup, if you don't know how to make the 3D circle shape. Keep on doing this until you have either used all of the dough or all of the filling. If the dough is used up, store the filling away in the refrigerator for another time after wrapping it up with plastic food wrap on the top, and if the filling is all used up then put the dough away. It does not need to be refrigerated. Rarely, you will have used up both the dough and the filling. If that happens to you, congrats! You don't have to do anything except wash the bowl. If you have any dough left, put it in the pot. We will use it for the next recipe. Then, like the porcupine buns, bake it for ten minutes. Enjoy!