Chapter 28~ The Final Chapter

Start from the beginning

The Green Ninja quickly covers his ears. Oh how that blasted shriek causes so much pain to his ears. It was nearly unbearable to listen. 

"Lloyd! What's wrong?!" Kai said worryingly. He stepped closer to him, trying to put his hand on his shoulder. The Green Ninja quickly pulls away flinching as the loud shriek gets somehow even louder.

"M-make her stop!" He begs, but it was only answered with questionable looks.

"What do you mean? She's doing nothing." Cole said as he got closer to the thrashing girl.

"N-n-noo… s-stop it… stop screaming…" He cries out and the funny thing is that she did what he asked.

The masked figure stops thrashing and her silent shrieks. Instead her shoulders rise and fall on repeat as silent maniacal laugh escapes her mouth.

She found this situation funny. The masked figure was stopped and now captured. This certain power of her's only affects dragons and oni. However, when it comes to regular mortals it has no effect. 

Soon the other elemental masters went to Lloyd. To somehow relieve the pain he was hearing. The Green Ninja's hands were clawing at his ears, eyes closed shut and his face scrunched up.

The more the others check on him the less that was with the masked figure. They really thought she would lose this easily? 

The masked figure wobbles but stands up. She was going to grab her folding fan and win this futile fight.

The masked figure froze when she didn't feel her fan on her waist. She looks around trying to spot where it was…. nowhere, it was nowhere. 

The masked figure stops laughing as she panics at the situation at hand. 

"I-it stopped??!" The Green Ninja stutters out. The elemental masters quickly looks back at the masked figure.

She was hopping to the sinkhole.

"She's getting away!!!" The Elemental Master of Amber shouts.

"Not on my watch!" The Elemental Master of Speed runs towards her. He stops right in front of the masked figure and pushes her down.

"She's not much of a threat now, isn't she?" The Master of Speed says. He was surprised by how easily she went down. It didn't sit well with him.

"Do you think this is weird? Or am I just reading way too much into this…" Griffin says anxiously.

"What do you mean by weird?" The Elemental Master of Mind says, curiously.

"No, he's right! She ALWAYS managed to escape earlier on…" The Elemental Master of Metal says joining the conversation.

They all stare at the masked figure who was laying on the ground, struggling to get up. The same furious expression was still on the mask.

This actually made them curious. How did she manage to escape every time? 

"Unless she has someone to help her?!" The Elemental Master of Lightning says, finally figuring out.

A knife came flying out of nowhere and went straight to the masked figure. She gets up and grabs the knife midair.

The elemental masters rushes to stop her. Black misty orbs fly around them. Leaving a trail of black-purple mist behind. They all stop in their tracks including the Green Ninja. 

He didn't want to leave his friends to face the mist alone.

The masked figure cuts her way out from the net and rope. Her expression changes into more a kind and happy one.