Knight of Wands

KNIGHT OF WANDS

Upright: Action, Adventure, Fearlessness

Reversed: Anger, Impulsiveness, Recklessness

Polnareff looked at his feet and spoke.
"I don't know how to explain this myself... But I know that there's one artifact that keeps her from aging. This thing, however, can make people have stands."

"So... How does one even get a stand now? Is it like in Assassin's Creed where the Pieces of Eden offer you grand powers?" She asked.

Polnareff started thinking for a while. He had no answer himself. He knew what Assassin's Creed was, since Kakyoin wouldn't stop comparing Egypt from one of the games with the Egypt he was seeing with his family and the one he was seeing with them.
He laughed mentally at the moments of sweet memories... If only Avdol was there to help him now describe the stands purpose and origins...

"WAIT! RAISA'S BOOK COLLECTION." He bolted straight up from the seat.

"What about it?"

"She had books about stands written by Avdol's mother."

"Wait. Avdol the guy that died, right?"

"Yes. He is. The one and only."

"Well then... I suppose we shall go check out."

"You go." Started Polnareff. "I will wait for her. She's the most important for me right now. Search in the backroom."

She nodded and got the keys from him. (Name) ran fast towards the old shop of occult objects.

A sign that said "closed for renovations" in both English and Japanese was found on the door.

The teen unlocked it and went ahead. She went to the backroom as Jean has told her to. (Name) passed through that door and the smell of something foul hit her. Hardly.

Luck on her was the fact that her stomach could bear it,  someway. She localized the source of smell. A small mice, dead in the room, in it's cage. "Did she had a pet?... Or is it a familiar?"

The mouse seemed to have been killed by a stab wound. Since she didn't want to move it around in her bare hands, she decided to take a chopstick from the drawer and move it to notice it better.

"Seems like it was killed not too long ago... Maybe two days at a maximum... By whom?"

There was no time to think of that. Instead she took the cage outside and opened the doors to let fresh air inside. (Name) found a backpack of Raisa's and searched through her library.

Every book that had the words "stand" or "Avdol" in them were immediately taken, without any doubt. Soon enough the backpack was full of books that she could barely hold it.

Before she could go, she noticed a small book that was wrapped with string meant for presents and had a name written on it...

"It... It's for me?"

She decided to return home and read every book, including the one she just found.

Once the door was locked, the girl scavenged the books she had taken and even the one wrapped.
She categorized them after 3 main criteria.

She put all the books by Maitreyi Avdol on one side of the table, the books by Raisa in another place, and anonymous ones in the middle. The wrapped book was first, since she was too curious.

She cut the strings and opened it. A picture family of 3, a daughter and the parents popped up first. She looked at the names and realized that the females in the picture were the ones she saw in the dream.

"Arrival in America. 196."
The last number wasn't clear since time erased it. But that was not something she cared, as the girl kept stumbling upon pages and pages of evolution of Raisa's.

"So... Grandma was born in Porto..." Thought the girl as she has now stumbled upon another picture.  (Name) jolted upon seeing that one. The faces of the couple in picture resembled too much with Raisa and Polnareff. She wasn't too surprised about Raisa, but about Polnareff's doppleganger.

Timestamp got destroyed by time, but she tried to read afterwards.

I finally married my soulmate. I have been searching for him for so long... I know I am such an incurable romantic, but I cannot contempt it. We will move from this apartment to a better house. I cannot wait to offer him the gift of family.

"Yup... That's Raisa." Thought (Name) as she went some pages ahead.

13/11/1980

I decided to name our child Felicia. As my father was the happiness of my mother, our child should be our happiness.

Jean considers this name perfect, since we will never be as happy as he was holding her. He said he cannot wait to see her old and held her child just like he hold Felicia.

15/11/1980

Today one of our neighbors came in over, she was crying because she was kicked out of her apartment because she was Indian. I decided along with Pierre to let her stay over.

The half of the page was broken here. And therefore she didn't know what happened next here... But she didn't care.