Six of Swords

SIX OF SWORDS

Upright: Rest, Restoration, Contemplation

Reversed: Emotional Baggage, Unresolved Issues, Resisting Transition

Maitreyi Devi, was born in 1914 as the daughter of philosopher Surendranath Dasgupta. She was for a short time the lover of the well known religion historian, Mircea Eliade, a Romanian man, whom gave birth to the book Bengal nights inspired after their affairs. He got to meet her after her father tried to find her a French teacher.

Her magical workings only started after the affairs ended, as her lessons of French from Eliade only made her discover more of the paranormal, and her hate for his political tendencies.

During one trip to Egypt, the woman acquired the ability to be the guard of Stand arrows, without being one herself. She had lived her life as a 20 year looking woman for 60 years until she met Raisa Alecrim.

Raisa was well educated in the arts of the occult, from her background of persecuted Orthodox and Catholic parents as they wanted to unveil the hidden knowledge of the world.

Raisa was the best of both worlds. A brunette as the stones of Cabo Da Roca, with eyes bearing a dark blue as the Black Sea.

She was the wife of Jean Theriot, a French man that was her path on the light, loving her from the first moment they saw each other, as clear as day being soulmates.

The strong flame of twins was burning around the two. Not long after meeting each other, around 22 days, their marriage came.

And with their wedding, their demise.

Maitreyi Devi kept her real age hidden, but from her curiosity, Raisa took her under the roof, growing her child and Devi as well.

It is not cheating that happened and pushed Maitreyi to leave, but rather her strong wish of leaving behind a descendant.

Devi, after teaching Raisa the art of the occult, was ready to pass on the knowledge and the arrow.

"Raisa... I beg you... This will be my final request..."

"Maitreyi... It's too much you ask from me..."

"The arrow feeds from my soul... Yet keeps me forever Young... This arrow is meant to save the world from the very thing it created..." Maitreyi cried powerful tears. "I know you don't trust me, but I cannot have a child anymore... You have Felicia. I have nobody..."

"Won't it kill my baby?" Raisa asked, hugging the teenage Felicia.

"Felicia won't die... Because I have a plan."

"I don't like how that sounds."

Raisa and Jean's hands, her left and his right specifically, were put one next to each other. "By looking just at this I can assure you, you will meet him again, when the arrow will save the world." Said Devi, as she was distressed about what she had to do.

"I don't want it to be like that, but it is..."

Jean kissed the foreheads of the women he loved most: his daughter and wife. "If I'll die and be reborn, I will forever love you... I will forever adore you, ma chérie..."

Felicia was taken to an orphanage, so she would not witness the ritual, not before being told to listen to the spirit world.

Back home at the ritual, Jean took the arrow and whispered. "I'm giving my soul, as to guard the others souls."

"I'm giving my age to protect it for years." Said Raisa, with tears in her eyes. "Now!"

Raisa pierced both her and her husband. Raisa's hair became white and her eyes were lighter. From the deep sea blue to the almost silver ones. Jean had vanished, his soul entering the arrow. The cut was covered...

"I am so sorry..." Said Devi. "But you will meet again... I promise."

"How do you know."

Devi shown her grieving friend her palm. Raisa understood. "Your son will aid my reincarnated husband to defeat temporarily the devil..."

"While your daughter will give birth to the one that will put him down for good."

Raisa cried with the arrow in her hand, as she was now alone. Her husband dead, her daughter taken so that she won't witness such atrocities... But at the same time, the things Devi said, empowered her to wait for the return of her Jean Theriot.

The twin flame that was promised to return.

.•°•~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~•°•.

"Are you sure you don't want to come to this club with me Jotaro?" Asked a voice through a phone.

"Nah bruh. I'm having school tomorrow."

"Your loss..."

Jean Pierre Polnareff, at the young age of 23, was a charming man. His biggest wish in life was to meet "the one" girl he was meant to be with...

But he didn't care how he did so... That's why he was aimlessly going to clubs.

The club he was that night had an eerie vibe. He sat at the bar's table, requesting one shot of something hard. He just wanted to dizzy himself up.

"Your body isn't made for that Portuguese spirit!" A girl said, downing her shot of vodka."You seem to be more of a fine wine type."

Seeing her beautiful black dress that seemed to be sewn on the woman in front of him he smirked.

"Well... I don't mind a fine wine as long as I can dine you too..."

She smirked. "To what, 69 me? Boy I've travelled the world enough to cook everything. From Afghani food to the Zimbabwean food. I don't worry I don't have what to eat."

"So it seems we both have similar cuisine experience." He added. "But I think the main course looks better after you lay it on the plate."

"You won't have me laid in your bed that fast, darling. But I like your guts."

"Well... I just stated that I'm hungry. So I'd like to share a healthy meal somewhere else... Where they'd serve wine probably." He said. The woman paid his drink now and said.

"Consider this my first gift for you..."

"Oh God damnit now I'm indebted to take you to a dinner." He shouted, slightly saddened by the thing she did, but in a joking way.

"I knew you were French!"

"What made you sure of it?"

"You don't really know what's the best spirit." She requested two shots of Jaggermeister from the barman. "Here, the good one!" She said, downing it.

Polnareff did so too, as he started feeling the burning sensation down his throat along a bittersweet taste of medicinal plants.

"Now I'm ready for your "dinner", Mister....?"

"Jean Pierre Polnareff, and you?"

The girl bit her lip and suddenly seemed sad... But she replied "Alecrim Raisa."