Nine of Wands

NINE OF WANDS

Upright: Resilience, Pushing Forward, Last Stretch

Reversed: Exhaustion, Fatigue, Reaching Burnout

The decorations that poor Joseph worked for two days were finally looking the way he wanted. Cherry blossoms were letting their petals flow down in an intricate dance with the wind, as a ballerina danced on the sweet sound of the violin.

Irises were put on the groom's side, as Raisa suggested. "They represent the national flower of France." She said. She wanted to mark his origins and how they all meet in one place: Their wedding.

Although Pierre disagreed, since in his culture these flowers mean death, alongside chrysanthemums, the bride's part had carnations. Carnations were pretty important in one of Raisa's cultural halves, her Portuguese self needing them there.

The dogrose flowers were picked by Suzie, for the flower girl, that would be Sylvia. As carnations, dogroses represented the other half of Raisa's descendance, the Romanian side.

As time passes by, the guests had to arrive, yet as already known to them, the guests weren't that many. One could count them on their fingers probably.

The Kakyoins were dressed almost like Raisa's carnations, in blood red and forest green; Orla bore a beautiful green sleeveless dress with what seemed like her old wedding earrings her son stole, while her husband had a black tuxedo with a red tie.

Sadao and his wife had changed their flour filled clothes from all the labor for this day in something more elegant. He opted for a smoking with the stereotypical black bowtie, while Holly had a beautiful light purple dress with the chest part full of stars and crystals.

Suzie was dressed, as her daughter, in a purple dress, but it was simple, and the shade was darker. Joseph wore a simple black shirt and black pants, forgetting that he would, eventually, need his coat.

Sylvia, whom will be the flower girl, decided to bear her prom dress, as to get accustomed to it. Her fox red hair and the crimson dress were looking perfect on her, as if it was tailored on her own body.

At Sylvia's insistences, Leone was also dragged here, and he also took what he told everyone that would be his prom clothing as well. It was a deep violet, almost black, tuxedo, with a white shirt and an absent neck tie or bow.

Jotaro and Noriaki were dressed in normal tuxedos, the only difference between their clothes was the bowtie, as Jotaro opted for the purple one, while his pal wanted the green one.

Allowing the guests to sit on their designated chairs, Sylvia and Leo kept looking at the clock. Jotaro and Kakyoin were inside, with Pierre. Holly was taking care of the bride, as, at Jotaro's insistences, she became one of the bridesmaids.

Impatient for the event, and after they all fixed their "surprises", Sylvia messaged the two men.

Where's (Name)?: You

Noriaki: I don't know.

Jotaro: Ask mom.

"Wait here!" She told her boyfriend as she was rushing inside, where she knew she could find the mother or the bride.

Once Sylvia found Holly, she asked her about the missing friend. Holly was fixing up Raisa's dress, since out of stress, she destroyed some of the sewing unwillingly. "The last room in the hallway, left side." And she gave Sylvia a key.

In the room, name was almost in tears. She couldn't memorize so fast the words her friend wanted. She wasted 2 hours trying to do so and didn't even dress up...

"That's it. I'm done. I'll change and find a way to remember it.  Or pretend I did."

Exactly in the moment (Name) touched the dress, Sylvia entered. "What happened?"

"Raisa happened. She wants me to officiate the wedding and only told me now of the speech I have to say, aside from what the priest should have said... But I'll play the High Priestess since Kakyoin has to sing as she comes down the aisle."

"Darling... "Started Sylvia. "Raisa and your mother... Were... Pretty close... And yet...her friend isn't here... The fact that you officiate this wedding, is probably to make Raisa feel that her friend is there, next to her, encouraging her."

"You're right... Mom would've wanted me to be there...heh... I need more moral support than Raisa."

"Well, she's been through that before!" Spoke Sylvia, her mouth taking ahead of her.

"What?"

"What what?"

"Nevermind. Where's the Bible?" Asked (Name), taking the dress and changing up.