12. the beauty and the beast part seventeen

STORY CREATED BY soaringeag1e

"How ya feeling?" Dean glanced up through his lashes, seeing Sam join him at the table in the war room.

"Are you going to ask me that every morning?"

"Just want to make sure you're okay."

"I'm fine." Dean growled quietly, looking over the newspaper in his hands once again.

"Right." Sam breathed, his brother not hearing him as he took a seat across from him.

"Five people have turned up dead in the last week inside their apartments." Dean set the paper down on the table, sliding it across it so Sam could look it over. "No signs of forced entry and no murder weapons."

"Vengeful spirit?"

"Think so." Sam grabbed the paper, scanning over the article quickly before looking back to his brother with worry.

"You sure that you're..." As Dean glared back at him, Sam didn't dare finish his sentence. "I just want to make sure that you're back to being yourself before we jump into working cases again."

"I've been myself for a month now, Sam."

"You know what I mean." With a quiet huff, Dean stood from his seat.

"What I need is to get outta here. I need to do something. I'm going crazy just sitting here. So, I'm going to check this out. You can come, or you can stay. Doesn't matter to me." he moved around the table, heading for the hall that led to his room. But as he reached the entryway, he heard Sam's phone going off, and something made him stop from going any further.

"Hello?" Sam turned in his seat slightly, looking over at Dean while he listened to the person on the other line.

"Whoa, okay....Mike, calm down." Hearing your dad's name and the slight panic in his brothers voice only put him on edge.

"What's wrong?" Sam listened for a minute and then his eyes shot up, looking directly at Dean with panic in his eyes. "We'll be there soon."

"I'm sorry. I didn't want to bother you, but...I just didn't know who else to call." Exhaustion was clear in your dad's voice as he let the guys in the house.

"It's alright." Sam replied, scanning the living room. "How long has she been gone?" Mike sighed, running a hand through his hair as he had to think it over.

"Uh...four?" he squeezed his eyes shut, clearly sleep deprived as he tried to decipher what day it was, let alone how long you've been gone. "Yeah. Four days now."

"Has she met anyone new? Brought anyone home that you didn't know?"

"No." Mike shook his head, watching Dean closely as he walked around the house, looking over everything.

"Has anyone sent her anything? Letters, or packages?"

"Just him." Sam's eyes shot to your dad to see that he was pointing at Dean, and of course the vague description got Dean's attention too. With the awkwardness growing, Dean cleared his throat and then asked.

"Can I see her room?"

"No." Mike snapped, not missing a beat. Sam and Dean glanced at each other, clearly confused. "You sent her that package, and then just a few days later...she goes missing?" As your dad slowly approached Dean, guilt and slight fear grew in him.

"What did you do to her?"

"Mike." Sam moved towards him, getting ready to intervene.

"Where is she!?"