Chapter-33

After some days Manik had gone to Australia to attend a seminar.....he was going to return in one week but due to some emergency he had to be there for one more week......so he called Nandini.....

Manik: hey Nandini....

Nandini: hi Manik.....when is your flight....? You packed your luggage right....? Be ready on time or else you will miss your flight and I don't want that as I'm missing you so much.... come soon....

Manik became nervous at it....

Manik: Nandini actually I was saying....( He was hesitating)

Nandini: what Manik....?

Manik: Nandini due to some emergency I have to be here for some more days..... I'm sorry Nandini but I'm not coming today......

Nandu was on the verge of crying as she had planned so many things for him.... So she became silent for a moment....

Manik: hey Nandini please say something... I know I'm at fault but please try to understand my situation.... I had no idea that something like this will happen at the last moment and I will have to cancel the flight..... you know na I too miss you a lot......

Nandini: I know Manik.... I understand.....you carry on with your work...... the lunch hour is over I have to get back to work.....bye Manik....

Manik: Nandini listen....

But she had already cut the call....

Manik Pov- I know she is upset..... but she won't say it..... but what can I do.... God this damn work.....

The next 2-3 days Manik was so busy at work that he didn't get proper time to talk with Nandini....plus the time difference was a great problem..... they just talked for 2-5 minutes a day....

Then one day Nandini called Manik but he didn't pick up the call....she called him again but he didn't pick up.... after two- three more calls finally he picked up the call.....

Manik: Nandini when I'm not picking up the call then I must be busy na.... will call you later....( Without even listening to her he cut the call)

When Manik got free he called nandu.... but she didn't pick up the call.....so he messaged her...

Manik: sorry Nandini was in a very important meeting...So couldn't talk to you..... hope you understand.....

Nandu saw his message but didn't reply......

Manik noticed that she had seen his message but didn't reply so he again called her....

This time Nandu picked up the call...

Nandu: say Manik.....

Manik: I said sorry na Nandini....then why are you behaving like this...... I thought you would understand me.....

But she remained silent.....

Manik: I'm really sorry Nandini..... you know na I never want to ignore you or your calls..... but.....

Nandini: I always understand your situation Manik... I always understand you..... but you never do..... you don't realise that how your ignorance hurt me...... first you only told that you'll be coming in one week and then when I was waiting for you.... you at the last moment said you aren't returning.... I also understand that..... but then when I was calling you....you didn't receive.....and after that you just said you were busy.....but when I was calling you again and again it must be something important right.... but no you don't understand.....

And she started to cry......

Manik became guilty at his own deeds he realised his mistakes........

Manik: hey Nandini please don't cry..... I am sorry.... I'm really sorry..... please this time forgive me and I promise I won't repeat it.... please stop crying Nandini.....it hurts when you cry and even hurts more knowing the reason being me.....

After sometime Nandu stop crying.....

Manik: you okay now....?

Nandu: yeah Manik.....

Manik: so now say what were you saying....?

Nandu: Manik my parents are willing to come to meet you.... I told them that you are out of country..... but they said that they are coming on my birthday....and will stay for only two days so if they could meet you....

Manik: ok Nandini..... I'm trying.... day after tomorrow it's your birthday right....so will try to come that day....and say your family that I'm extremely sorry for not being there but if they could then say them to stay for one more day..... I'll be there till then......

Nandu: ok...so you won't be with me on my birthday......?

Manik: I'll be there before the ends..... I promise you......

Nandu: ok Manik......

They talked for some more time......

The next day Nandu got a message from Manik in evening....

Manik: good evening Nandini.... wish you happy birthday in advance..... won't be able to wish you at night.....had some really important work..... after it finishes will return to you soon....enjoy your day with your family and friends....and once I reach there the remaining day will be ours.....once again happy birthday ( in advance)....... and I love you....

Nandu got this message.... for a moment she became sad as she wanted Manik to wish her first.....then chuck the thought and smiled at the message and whispered to herself....

Waiting for you Manik...... come soon...

_______________________________

               THANK YOU