Chapter-11

In the cafe....

Manik is impatiently waiting for  Nandu....on the other side Nandu is on her way.....after sometime she reached the cafe..... when they saw eachother they both got nervous for some reason.... but then Manik started the conversation.....

Manik: so finally we met....

Nandini: yeahh... finally...

They ordered some coffee and started to talk over the coffee...

Manik: so we are knowing eachother from long and this is the first time we are meeting....no one will believe this....

Nandini: yeahhh...  (Nandu Pov-it's easy to talk on the phone.....)

(Manik pov- why it is so awkward...ok I should make her comfortable first... let's talk about her family)

Manik- Acha Nandini you say who are there in your family....

Nandini: ummm Amma Appa Amms and my brother Risav.... it's been so long I've met them...

Manik: why....? don't they come here...?

Nandini : initially appa would have come but when I settled here and he was satisfied that I can be on my own...he stopped coming.... I used to go home once a year.... last year I went home....so it's almost one year since I met them....

Manik: in my case since the time I went to Australia I was always with my family as the college was nearby but when I returned they went to the village leaving me alone for a month...
But now we are again together...and you know Masima has a tradition of taking atleast one meal a day together with the family....

Nandini: so you are a family person...

Manik: yeah I'm as I know the importance of a family...you know Nandini when I was little my chacha chachi never cared about me...so I always used do crave for a loving family.... but after Masima came into my life I got everything what I wanted... Though I miss my parents sometime.... but I'm happy in life....

Nandini: forget about the past Manik.. now you have loving family...you must be happy.....

Manik- I'm Nandini... I'm happy....and happier since you have come back to my life....

(Nandini POV: I should clear all my thoughts when we are starting afresh I should let go all those thoughts and this will happen only when I'll share it with someone... and who can be better than Manik.... Ayappa help me)

Nandini: Manik I really wanna share something with you....

Manik: yeah Nandini say it don't hesitate.... I'm listening....

Nandini: I know you must have noticed that I was trying to avoid the past topic...you understand right...? What I'm saying...

Manik: yes Nandini go on....

Nandini: you know I've never shared this with anyone but I think it's the right time and You are the right person to talk to....so when I was in 12th standard I used to go the town for tuition regularly and then one day I noticed you on the way...you were looking at me...at first I thought you must be looking at someone else...so I didn't overthink it....the following days were the same.... I noticed that you will be there every day and would look at me...and believe me that was the first time I was getting some attention from an unknown person... I was liking it so much..... and eventually it become my habit just to get a sight of you....and being a teenager and watching all the romantic series and all it was like I've found you and I was totally in my imaginary world.... And I was very happy in that world.... and all the teenage relationship of my friends, bf- gf everything was not helping me at all....so I would be busy imagining a fairy tale.... but that world broke when I got the scholarship.... you know Appa had always great expectations from me....and I loved to fulfill his expectations.... I love the smile on his face when I get good grades in secondary and higher secondary exams..... I will do anything and everything to see that smile and pride on his face because of me....so after that I decided to come to Mumbai to study further.... but it wasn't easy at all cause don't know why I felt that I betrayed you... I felt that there was some unspoken connection between us...and I felt guilty to break it and move on...
Eventually I came here and due to study pressure you became just a memory.... and then with the passing time the memory fades away... little did I know that I have never forgotten you....so when I saw you at the seminar all the memories came back and I was a confused mess....but then there was your friend request....and everything changed.... for the first time I did something just for my happiness... I become strong enough to start the new beginning....and the remaining is all known to you....

There was no reaction from Manik...so Nandini was taken a back and asked nervously...

Nandini: Manik please say something... I know you must think I'm some stupid.... but believe me all this thoughts were there in me from a long time I needed to share it with you....

______________________________

The next part will be Manik's reply....it will be Manik's share of the story...

                  Thank You