Chapter-14

Later that day,,,

Manik was busy in hospital and Nandini was busy in preparing herself for her job which she will join the next week.....she was very excited for the job......she don't want to mess anything in the first day itself.... after all it's about her career.....so she must be prepared.... after that she talked with her family over phone.....and then in evening she was reading a novel while sipping coffee..... she was so engrossed in the novel that she didn't even realise that it was almost night time..... while reading it she became so emotional that she was sniffing..... suddenly her phone rang....she saw the caller ID and it was Manik....so she cleared her throat and picked up the call....

Manik: hii Nandini....

Nandini: hello Manik....

Manik: what happened Nandini...?
Were you crying or something.....
As your voice is trembling....

Nandini: no Manik nothing like that...why will I cry...?( She was trying to sound normal)

Manik: that toh you only know na....how can I know this...say did something happen...?

Nandini: no yaar Manik... umm actually it's just that I was reading a novel and I became emotional that's why....

Manik: Oh god Nandini....why would you read something to cry...?

Nandini: you won't understand it....let it be....

Manik: no I'll understand.... just say it to me....

Nandini: ok I'll give you a novel.... whenever you will get free time na you will read it.... okay...?

Manik: okay.... I'll......so now tell me....had You taken your dinner...?

Nandini: no....not till now..... will make some Maggie and have it..... actually I'm not so hungry and not in a mood to cook for just myself as Aliya is not home....

Manik: okk....so you are staying alone...? Don't you get frightened....?

Nandini: noo...why will I....this apartment is safe....no need to worry....

Manik: OK.... take care of yourself...and if something bothers just call me......

Nandini: okk.... now you tell me...did you take your dinner....?

Manik: yeah I did.... actually after coming back from work I was so hungry so I just freshened up and had it....

Nandini: good....so I think I should make the Maggie now...

Manik: OK you make it... I'm on the call....

Nandini: arey but how will I do it..

Manik: simple.... just use your headphones Nandini....

Nandini: oh yeah....it didn't come to my mind....ok wait a minute....
(She searched her headphones and then connected it)....yeah its done.... now say....

Manik: ok go make your Maggie....

And after that Nandu made her food and have it.... Manik was on the call all the time.....and at last he said....

Manik: ok so lock all the door properly..... and go to bed.....

Nandini: Manik I'm not a kid yaar.... and I have been here alone before also....so don't worry....and yeah I've already locked all the door....so chill....

Manik: okkk good.....umm Nandini now tell me what do you think about our meeting today.....

Nandini: what will I think Manik....it was good....it was good that we finally met.....

Manik: Nandini I'm talking about our confession..... I mean what we talked there....you are okay after that right....?

Nandini: obviously Manik....if we weren't okay... would I still talk to you so casually..... think yourself....

Manik: so we are good...

Nandini: yess Manik.... it's just that I wanted to clear out everything beforehand.... So that we can start afresh....and as of now lets just be friends.... what say...?

Manik: yeah....... right Ms. Murthy.... Wow this sounds great.... decided...!!!!.from now on I'll call you as Ms. Murthy....

Nandini: what yaar Manik I've such a beautiful name....and you are referring me Ms. Murthy.....it sounds like you are my boss.... don't do that...or else...

Manik: or else what will you do...?

Nandini: I'll call you as Mr.  Cardiologist.....

Manik: no don't do that... I like it when you call me by my name...

Nandini:(blushingly) Manikkkkkk!!!!

Manik: yeah see just like this....

Nandini: that's not fair....(grumpily)

Manik: everything is fair in lo.....umm in friendship.....ok bye Ms. Murthy....

And he cut the call....

Nandu Pov:Ayappa!!!! he is such a tease....(Smilingly) but I like it..... okay now I think I should sleep.....

Manik Pov: oh god it's so fun to tease her....she is such a cutie.... and what I was going to say 'love & war'....thank god she didn't listen it....  though I so wanna confess it to her but I'll wait till the right time comes.....

Thinking all this finally sleep took over him.....

_______________________________

That's it for the chapter....

         THANK YOU