Wonderstruck

​​​​​​​Pairing: Reader's Choice x Reader

Word Count: 1350

Warnings: None

Author's Note: This is my last bandom bingo​ fic for the first round! Which means that requests will finally be opening again soon! More information on that coming later this week. I hope you enjoy this one :)

*     *     *

"I couldn't have been imagining that," you said as you stirred your straw around your drink. "I mean, he was definitely looking at me a lot, right?"

Your friend nodded emphatically as they took a long sip of their drink. The ice clinked against the edge of the glass as they set it back down on the bar.

"I told you, you should have tried to talk to him after the show."

"Yeah, like that would have happened," you laughed. "What was I supposed to say to the security guard? 'Hey, I think one of the guys from the band and I were making a lot of eye contact. Can I talk to him?'"

Your friend snorted as they laughed. "I think it would have worked."

"Totally."

You pulled your straw towards your lips and took a long drink, thinking over all the possibilities that could have happened tonight. What if you had gone up and tried to talk to him? Where would you be right now?

"Hey, look!" your friend said, kicking you in the shin to get your attention.

"Ow! What?"

"Turn around!" they whispered.

You snuck a glance over your shoulder in the direction they were looking. Your jaw immediately dropped as you recognized the guys walking into the bar. They were now wearing hoodies instead of the tank tops they had worn earlier in the night. You wanted to turn back to your friend, but your eyes were glued to him. He looked in your direction, locking eyes with you for a moment before you finally got nervous and turned back to your friend.

"What are the odds of that?" you asked, adjusting your shirt where it had slipped a little too far down your shoulder.

"You have to talk to him!"

"No way. Do you see all the people he's with? I'll be turned away before I even get within a few feet of him."

"Then slide him a napkin with your number or something! Come on, Y/N, you two were definitely making eyes at one another and now he's here! Fate doesn't get much clearer than that."

You started to stir your straw around again. "Yeah, or maybe we just happen to be at one of the most popular bars in town after a concert."

"Wait a second! This looks promising."

"What does?" you asked, turning in the direction they were looking.

You watched as your dream guy slid past a few of his friends and started to walk in your direction. Your friend practically started vibrating in their seat.

"He's probably just getting a drink," you said, keeping your voice low. "We are sitting at the literal bar."

"He was definitely looking at you before he- nevermind, here he comes!"

"What do I do?" you mouthed to your friend, but they simply put on their winning smile.

"Excuse me?"

A chill ran down your spine. After taking a moment to compose yourself and wipe the scared expression off your face, you turned to face him. Seeing him up close was enough to literally take your breath away.