Nobody For Miles

Pairing: Josh Dun x Reader

Word Count: 773

Warnings: Implied smut

Author's Note: This is a little bit of an out there fic for me, so I hope all of you enjoy it!

*     *     *

"If you look close enough, you can kind of see the edge of the Milky Way right there," Josh explained, pointing up towards the sky. His other arm was wrapped protectively around your shoulders, keeping you warm against the otherwise chilly night air.

"I think I see it," you answered, squinting a little. "Near that constellation you were just talking about."

"Yes, exactly."

Josh grinned, which made you smile in return. Although space had never been one of your personal interests, you always made sure to pay careful attention when Josh was talking to you about it. Not only did it make him happy, but you enjoyed the giddy expression he always got when you repeated something he had taught you.

Conversation stopped between the two of you as you looked up at the stars, but your quiet music kept away the silence. The wind started to pick up again, so you scooted closer to Josh and wrapped yourself further around him. No matter the weather, he was always a good source of heat. It was especially nice in situations like these, not so much when you wanted to cuddle during the summer months.

Once you were comfortable, you turned your head back so that you could comfortably look at the sky. Josh was humming quietly, made louder by the fact that your head was on his chest. It suddenly came to a stop as a shooting star shot by overhead.

"Did you see that?" Josh asked excitedly.

"Yes."

"Make a wish!"

You closed your eyes and thought about what you really wanted. After a few moments of thought, you decided that you wished for the rest of the night with Josh to be as perfect as it already had been. Based on your previous dates with Josh, you were pretty sure that you didn't need a shooting star to make that come true.

"What did you wish for?" you asked.

"If I tell you," he started, then turned so that he could whisper in your ear, "then it won't come true."

The energy between the two of you had undeniably shifted. Every point of contact between the two of you felt like it was on fire, and you wanted more of it. With the way Josh was curling his arm tighter around you, you could tell the same thing was on his mind too.

"Kiss me," you murmured.

Josh wasted no time in fulfilling your request. His lips pressed softly against yours, adding a new kind of warmth to your body. You tensed as his hands ran along the side of your body, finally resting on your hips. Your hands roamed over him, starting at his chest and slowly working his way towards his hair. The pink strands quickly became tangled between your fingers.

"I love you," you whispered between kisses. It was nothing you hadn't said before, but you still enjoyed the tinge of pink that entered Josh's cheeks when you said it.

"I love you too." He barely had time to say it before his lips were crashing into yours, more eager this time.

Josh's kisses started to get more adventurous, moving from your lips to the corner of your mouth, then your jaw, and soon your neck. You gasped each time he pulled away as the once warm kiss was washed over by the cool air. His grip on your hips was tighter now, his fingers digging deep enough that you could feel it through your jeans.

Josh shifted his weight so that he was hovering over you, using one of his arms to support himself. The other started to trail towards your stomach from your hip, sending a chill straight up your spine. You started to give in and get lost in him, but a nearby snap of a branch brought you right back to reality.

"Josh," you stopped him, pressing one hand against his chest. The warmth of his skin radiated through the thin material of his t-shirt. "Do you really think this is a good idea? I mean, we're out in the open."

He leaned closer to you so that you could feel the hotness of his breath with every exhale. "I can promise you that we're the only ones out here for miles."

You looked into his eyes. The dark chocolate color of them was visible, even in the dim moonlight, sparkling just as they always did during moments like these. After a deep breath, you nodded.

"I trust you." Josh smiled and leaned down, capturing you in a kiss. Your fingers tangled in his hair, pulling him closer.

With that, your decision was sealed.