People, Not Places

Pairing: Josh Dun x Reader

Word Count: 829

Warnings: None

Author's Note: I thought you might appreciate some Josh fluff, so here it is :)

*     *     *

"Josh!" you squealed as he wrapped his arms around your waist. The two of you were currently running around the empty arena, essentially playing a game of two-person tag.

"Got you," he laughed, pressing a kiss to your cheek.

"Ok, ok, I need to sit. Not all of us run marathons."

Josh kept an arm wrapped around your waist as you walked back towards the stage. You leaned into his side, using him for support as you caught your breath. Now that you no longer had the thrill of Josh chasing after you, the exhaustion was finally catching up to you.

"Can you help me?" you asked, looking up at the stage. There was no way you were making it up there on your own.

"Yeah, you ready?"

"Yep."

Josh used his hands to boost you up so that you didn't have to pull yourself up quite as far. You were about to offer to help him up, somehow, when he grabbed onto the edge and pulled himself up no problem. It was hard not to blatantly stare at his arm muscles as he did so, not that it really mattered. Josh was always teasing you about looking at his arms.

"Guess you don't need my help then," you smiled as he got comfortable next to you.

"I might have wanted to show off a little bit."

"Well you looked great while doing it."

"Thank you."

Josh returned your smile and kissed you. For just a moment, you forgot that you were sitting on a stage in an empty arena and not at home on your comfy couch. Then a group of crew members wheeled in more equipment and made you jump back from Josh in a brief moment of fear.

"It's ok," he said, wrapping his arm around you and pulling you into his side. "It's just the crew."

"I know, I guess I just forgot where we were for a second. It felt like we were back at the house on the couch and then all of a sudden there was this loud sound."

"You forgot where we were?"

"Yeah. It happens sometimes when we, uh, kiss, I guess."

"I didn't know about that."

You started to pick at some strings on your jeans. Talking about your feelings had never been a strength of yours.

"I think it's because when you kiss me, you're all that matters, you know? So I kind of tune out everything around me."

Josh thought for a moment. "I think I do that too."

"Really?"

"Yeah."

A comfortable silence fell over the two of you. You idly kicked your legs as you looked around the room, trying to envision what it would look like when it was full of fans. Even after joining the boys on plenty of tours, you never quite got used to what a full arena looked like.

"Is this ever weird for you?" Josh asked, breaking the silence.

You shifted a little so that you could properly look at him. "Is what weird?"

"Like, being on the road all the time instead of being home and not really staying anywhere for very long. I just realized that I've never really asked you about it."

"I've never really minded," you shrugged. "I've told you before that my family moved around a lot when I was growing up, so I guess I just taught myself to find that feeling of 'home' in people rather than places. When you find someone that feels like home, it doesn't matter where you go because you always feel that sense of comfort and belonging, even if you're somewhere totally unfamiliar."

"Do you feel at home right now?"

"Of course I do. Anywhere that I'm with you feels like home, Josh."

"Really?" he grinned.

"Yes, really. Actually, I had a feeling pretty much from the moment I met you that you would be important to me. I didn't expect to fall in love with you - although I'm happy that I did - but I've felt comforted around you from the very start."

"You know, I never really thought about finding home in a person, but now that you mention it, I think that's exactly what happened when I fell in love with you."

"I hope I never lose you."

"You won't."

You kissed him again before leaning on his shoulder and wrapping your arms around him. He pulled you a little closer and rested his head on top of yours.

"I love you, Josh."

"I love you too."

"I will admit, even though I would go anywhere with you, I do miss movie nights curled up on our couch in blankets."

Josh laughed quietly. "Me too, but we'll be home soon enough. Then we can spend a whole week having movie nights to make up for lost time."

"You promise?"

"I promise."

"Great. I'll start making a list of movies to watch."

Josh smiled and pressed a kiss to the top of your head, "Sounds good."