Preview to The Bell Tower (on hold)

<!-- @page { margin: 0.79in } P { margin-bottom: 0.08in } -->

Preview of The Bell Tower:  Book Three in the Essence Series

The summer has come to an end. Min was lucky not to receive another girl for her household during that time, but those plans are about to change. Hope has joined the group. A senior in high school, and a foster child that has seen the inside of many, many homes, Min’s House of Bells is her last chance. No one else will take her. Min welcomes her with open arms, as she would with any girl, but Hope just doesn’t care about any of that any more. In fact, life doesn’t hold much joy for Hope at all any more.

As Min stands in the hallway outside the emergency room as Hope’s stomach is pumped, she’s come to understand that the hospital has become her hated home away from home. She has a long talk with Hope, and they come to an understanding: make it through the rest of the school year without any more suicide attempts – or successes – and Min will pay for her college tuition and help her become the clothing designer she wants to be.

With all that’s happened in the three days since Hope came into their lives, Min had little time to think about what September means to her…Jennie comes home for a few weeks, and Silas does, as well.

What to say to Silas? For six weeks, they had no or little to none contact of any kind. And with Hope on suicide watch, Min isn’t able to give him the homecoming she desires.

If that is not enough to cause added stress to Min’s life, Silas returns with Sarah on his arm. He insists that there is nothing going on with his ex-wife. Sarah, who’d joined a religious fanatic group after Silas divorced her, wants only to make amends with him and be friends. She insisted that she’d changed, but didn’t expect Silas to have moved on with his life and find another woman.

The outcome? Guess who still lives next door to Min? Nick! With a little help from Bell, Silas and Min are able to dump Nick and Sarah off on one another.  After all, they deserve each other.

How do the Essences fit into this story?  One malicious Essence in particular seeks revenge on Min, and She finds a way...by becoming like Min, an immortal human, unbound by the laws of the Essences.

The girls of the house -- namely Melissa, Mae, Tia, and Amber -- have their own problems.  Mostly the fact that they learn the truth about Min, and some of them have trouble accepting it.

Silas also learns a startling discovery...about himself.

And Ashley must endure Adam, the Essence of Provocation, as a guardian while Watchers plot to learn the secrets of transforming from a human to an Essence.

In the end, everything is just as it always has been.  A lot of ado for not much change.  And Ashley begins to wonder -- especially since the cat is out of the bag about her becoming Balance -- why wait another three years?

Time span: Early September through May.

On hold until further notice.