Summer: Chapter 10

Chapter Ten

When Silas told Min he was going to be late, he meant it.  It was a Friday and a quarter to midnight when he knocked softly on her front door.  He had thought about calling her ahead of time, but he didn’t know what to say.  She had been quite upset with him on the phone last night, but the flood of desire brought on by his neighbor, Desi, kept coming back to him.  He tried not to think about the reason, and instead, focused that emotion on his thoughts of Min.

She opened the door wearing silky pajama shorts and a matching tank top…and a forced smile on her lips.  That just won’t do.

He grabbed her waist and pulled her – not too gently – to him.  His lips sought her mouth, bruising them in effort to draw her closer to him.  He felt his body react to the feel of her skin, but for this moment, he didn’t care about propriety. 

One hand pressed against the very lower part of her back while the other wrapped around the nape of her neck, leaving not even a trace of air between their bodies.  She clung to him, as he hoped she would, and threw herself into his kiss.  She slumped in his arms as though her knees were about to give at any moment, and he could feel the pounding of her heart against his chest.

Fuel for the fire.

As the pressure of his grasp relinquished, Min loosened her hold on him, supposing he was about to let her go, like he always did before getting too carried away.  Not this time, he thought.

Instead, his hands smoothed themselves against her pajamas, and his kiss softened tenderly, tracing her lips again and again.  And again.  Shivers coalesced through his body.  He had never kissed her like this before. 

“I’ve missed you,” she whispered between the kisses.  He didn’t reply.  He couldn’t.

This was the closest he could bring himself to make love to her right then.  He fed his very heart and soul into her mouth, and his lips waltzed with hers, their tongues lapping against one another.  Every breath she expelled, he breathed in. 

A sultry moan rumbled in Min’s throat.  And he held her tighter while her body molded against him.  He became engulfed with love, and passion, and need, and…

Her eyes flew open.  A wispy tug of his emotions cleared his brain, and then suddenly, the extra sensations decreased.

He knew what almost happened.  He felt it before.  Their souls tried to…how did Min put it?  Meld? 

But he didn’t care.  Not then.  “Five minutes,” he breathed against her mouth.  “I just need five minutes alone with you.”

A bedroom door creaked open.  “Get back in here,” Amber hissed from upstairs.  “I just wanna watch,” Ashley whined softly.  A muffled squeal and the door closing followed.  Min sighed.

“You’ll be lucky to get five seconds.”  She stepped away from him, but he reached behind her, taking hold of the front door and shutting them out.

“I’ll take it,” he said before wrapping his arms her again.  In the pitch black of a moonless summer night, Silas wordlessly declared his hunger for her.

And they actually got a whole other minute that time.  But another shriek – much louder – found its way through the house and onto the porch, shoving between Silas and Min and prying them apart like the Jaws of Life.

“Tomorrow, I’m calling everyone I know,” Silas muttered.  “Someone is going to babysit those misfits so you and I can get away from this place for a little while.”

“Oh!  That reminds me.  We can’t.  We’ve been invited to a barbeque.”

“Damn,” he teased her.  “By whom?”