Candles X Policy X Dispute

Gon's POV

The guy I had to fight didn't look very strong. He had brown hair and eyes. I know we can win this!

"Will you be okay Gon?!"Kurapika yelled over the wind.

"Yeah." I said and turned around. "This guy looks pretty normal, he doesn't look scary or anything!"

"Gon!" Mika yelled and I looked at her.

"What is it?!" I yelled back.

"Be careful, don't like his appearance fool you! Their all long term convicts!" She yelled. "They're serving a hundred years or more!"

"Ok, so what excatly are we gonna do?!" I asked him. "We still have to decide what kind of match were gonna have!"

"Yeah." He said still smiling. "If you don't mind I'd like to offer a suggestion."

"Sure!" I yelled back agreeing.

"As you can probably tell, I'm not good at things that rely on strength or speed. So I'm not gonna challenge you to hand to hand combat."

"Actually." I said thinking about what I'm like. "I'm like hand to hand combat im not good with thinking games. Let's keep it simple ok?"

"In that case I have just the game for you." He said and took out two.... candles. What are we gonna do with two candles? He laughed. "Dont worry their just candles. We'll light them both at the same time, and whoever's candle goes out first, loses. What do you think?"

I smiled. "Well it seems simple enough! Why don't we play that game?!"

"Ok, here we go!" He said and I gasped. They're not the same length. Ones small and ones big.

"I'm order to select the longer candle press O, but if you prefer to take your chances with the shorter one all you have to do is press X instead. Once again majority rules."

Which one should I choose? "It's a trick!" Leorio yells. "We all know there's gonna be something wrong with the longer one am I right!"

Kurapika tried to say something but Mika cuts him off. "Your all over thinking it." She said.

Mika's POV

"All of the candles he have are filled with something that makes candles burn longer." I say simply. "Their's no point trying to second guess yourself. Gon choose whatever you eant, we'll back you up!"

"Are you guys really sure about that?!" He yelled.

"Yes!" Kurapika and I said.

"I choose the longer one!" He yelled and I sweat dropped.

"That was quick." Kurapika and I said.

"Are you sure you want the longer one?" the prisoner said darkly.

"Well yeah!" Gon yelled. "Isn't it obvious the longer a candle is the longer it lasts?"

He said and we all looked down. "That's Gon for ya." I said. "Let's go. "

And we all pressed O. "Okay then." He said and threw the candle at Gon. Who caught it.

"You get the longer one, and I get the shorter one." The fire then desends and they both walked to the fire pit.

"Ok, we both light the candles at the same time." They did after looking at each other and the criminal said. "Game on."

They were both burning at a constant rate but the wins sure didn't help him. After 20 seconds the flam of the candle shut out and the candle was burning fiercely. Gon was freaking out too. By 2 minutes it was down to his fingertips.

'Gon, think!' I screamed in my head and he dropped the candle. The flame is still burning even with the large amount of wind. Gon then looked at the candle and th prisoners and ran towards him. And..... blew it out. I sweat dropped. I was about to congratulate Gon but a door underneath me opened and I feel.

When I feel down the whole I ended up landing in an open room. "Applicant #401 passes. Time 30 minutes and 29 seconds."Lipo's voice said and I sweat dropped.