Decision X Shortcut X Detour

Mika's POV

We made it to Dolle Harbor only to see a lot of applicants. At least a lot more then on the boat, I'd say 100 but I bet that more than half of these idiots won't make it to the exam site. "Oi! You too!" I heard the captain call. I turned around at the same time as he did only to see that theCaptain was off the boat on the left side between the two huge boxes.

Gon was smiling and thanking the Captain but I don't know why, it's not like the ride was enjoyable. Leorio then walks over with Kurapika right behind him. "Don't you ever stop giving lectures Captain? I heard more then enough stuck on that boat of yours."

"Hmm, then I'll leave you with just one last piece of advice. You can, call it a special favor."

We all looked at him confused, 'what does the Old Man want know?'

He then pointed to a Cedar Tree onto of the mountain. "See that? Head for that lone cedar on top of the mountain over there, and you'll find a sport uncut to the exam site, and if I were you I would get going. As, you know the exam has already started."

We all nodded. "Let's go." I called. Then the trio walked near a map for God knows why, when we already knew where to go. "What are you idiots doing?"

Leorio turned back to me irritated. "Shut up! Zabon City is in the opposite direction of the Mountain!"

"Who cares?" I retorted.

"Who the hell do you think you are?! The Leader of this group?!"

"Fine do what you want. I couldn't care less if you don't make it to the exams." I then turned around then walked off, only to hear two pairs of feet running towards me. I had a felling it was Gon and Kurapika.

"Sorry Leorio!" I heard Gon call. "I think we should listen to her!"

Time skip~

After a while Leorio came running back to us panting. "Wished that you would have listened to me now don't you?"

He blushed. "S-Shut up!"

"Hey! Wait!" We all turned around to see a guy with orange hair and two swords covered in bandages on his back. He was smiling but I could tell it was fake. "I'm a Rookie applicant top, do you guys mind if I tag along?!"

"Who the hell are you?" I asked coldly. "We don't need anymore burdens."

Leorio looked like he was on fire, "what do you mean anymore?!"

"I didn't say it was you, know did I? But..." I sighed. "I guess you just proved my point. Anyway, who are you."

The man grimaced. "Im Matthew." He brought his up to Gon.

He just smiled and shock him hands. "I'm Gon! Nice to meet you Matthew."

Kurapika just stared at him. 'Guess he catches on quickly, Gon's just naive. Leorio..... He's just an idiot.'

Then me, I took his hand and squeezed it a little, only for it to snap and bleed. "Sorry bout that, it was an accident" I say my voice full of venom. "Do you want me to fix it?"

He flinches and pulls back. "N-no I'm fine."

I sigh. 'I should have done worse.'

Leorio puts his hand on his shoulder, "Sorry about them, I'm Leorio."

"Let's go." I hiss.

Time skip~

In 10 minutes Matthew 'trips' and says that he can't walk. Obviously he was lying but Gon being Naive and Ignorant puts him on his back. A few minutes later he starts apologizing and Gon runs off to find some herbs. "What are you talking about? We should really get moving..." He whispers.