"Does he miss me? I don't think so, I'll be damned if I upset myself over someone who don't even care about me"

"I understand but you know I'll always be here for you, I love you so much Jas and I'm proud of you okay? Don't you ever forget that" Loretta placed a free hand on Jasmine's hand, squeezing it.

"I love you too Ma" Jas softly smiled looking down to her moms hand.

Their moment was cut short when Jasmine's phone started to ring, Loretta moved her hand focusing back on driving while she answered.

"Hello?" She answered sweetly.

"You shitten me? did this nigga just cut in front of me—- Yo, baby? You there?" Saints voice boomed from the other side.

"I'm here Saint, are you driving while on the phone?"

"Nawl you on speaker don't worry, where you at?"

"I'm in the car with my mom, on our way home. Why?" She asked raising her brow.

"Because I'm coming to pick you up, tell Ms. Loretta I said wassup"

Jasmine turned to face her mom "Saint says hello— I guess you can come scoop me" she smirked.

"Hello Saint, how are you?" Loretta spoke loudly.

"I'm great Ms. Loretta, how you doing?"

"Oh please, call me Mom since you dating my daughter now" by now Jasmine had put the phone on loud speaker allowing the two to converse.

Jasmine's face went hot as she awaited Saint's response.

Saint nervously laughed causing Jasmine to aswell before Saint could reply Loretta spoke again "We need to have a little talk Saint, sometime this week"

"For sure but ima let yall go, I'll be there to pick you up soon Jas"

"Okay, bye" with that she hung up.

Loretta turned and gave Jasmine an unreadable look that slowly turned into a smirk, Jasmine rolled her eyes giggling.

"Ma, don't even start.." Jasmine laughed shaking her head.

"I didn't say nothing" she held her hands up.

When they got back to the house Jasmine helped her mother put the groceries up and just like Saint said he was pulling up outside the house, he waited until she came outside and started up the car.

"You look good, Whatchu did today?" Saint asked eyeing her outfit choice, taking his bottom lip into his mouth.

Jasmine smiled "Thank you I went shopping with my mom that's all, you?"

"Nothing interesting baby, don't need to be boring you with my day. Come here" he leaned over the arm rest.

Jas leaned over also, causing their lips to touch giving each other one passionate kiss. Saint bit down on her lip softly pulling at it as he pulled away, he always had to be extra.

"You so extra but don't say that, I want to know about your day too.. even if it was boring" she added with a serious look.

Saint looked at her admiring everything about her, he felt truly lucky to have her.

"You don't wanna know about my day trust me, work is work you know how it be" He wanted to spare her the details of his illegal lifestyle knowing she didn't agree with it, so he didn't need to bother her with it.

"Mhmm, work" she rolled her eyes.

Noticing her eye roll he brushed it off, changing the subject "So we dating now huh?"