Sickening For Something

On the top floor of a building that scraped the grey winter sky, in a bedroom that he had always deemed to be far too big for one human, Joe Sugg was happy. Happy because there was a second, more beautiful, graceful, talented and Australian human in the bedroom.

Dianne was back. Not only was she back, but she had returned with him, from his work, to his house and hadn't left since. Joe couldn't help but smile, they could be anything they wanted without being worried. In his house, where all of this had started, they weren't plagued by judgemental eyes and menacing lenses. They were free to be whoever they wanted. And, he leaned down and kissed her forehead, because he could also do whatever he wanted.

"What was that for?" She giggled.

"Just because, I'm happy you're here."

"I didn't believe Zoe when she said I'd turned you soft but..." she sipped her coffee, eyebrow raised.

Joe chuckled, "your fault."

"It's not a bad thing," she yawned against his shoulder.

"It is. My friends are going to rip me to shreds."

"Aww," it was sarcastic, "poor Joey. I'll stick you back together."

"Mmm. Right," he downed his coffee and got up. It required every ounce of Dianne's core strength and her left hand in order to keep herself upright. She had, after all, been heavily leaning on her boyfriend.

"Come on."

"I feel sick," she pouted, putting her coffee on the side laying down.

"Is it any wonder, you've had one, two, three," he counted the mugs on the bedside table, "cups of coffee and you woke up at 3am," it had sounded condescending and like it was the most obvious thing in the world that anyone would know. But, Dianne noticed, his hand was stroking her back and he had kissed the back of her head due to her face being buried.

"What do I do then?"

"We can set off a bit later if you want? You can have a nap." It was still early and he had promised his mum he'd be there before three so there was plenty of time.

"I don't think I can sleep."

"I'll be back, don't move." Joe kissed her hair again and got up. Dianne was tempted to turn to see where he was but the pillow was so fluffy against her face that she didn't move.

"I didn't mean it literally when I told you not to move," Joe chuckled, as he came back in the room.

"Your pillows are comfy."

"Zo bought them for me. Anyway, sit up Di," Dianne had noticed that Joe wasn't one for pet names. She knew it was because he hadn't been in a relationship before, one that was real anyway. "Coffee makes you dehydrated," he passed her a pint glass, almost filled to the brim with water. "And," he held up a packet that was familiar.

"Glucose tablets," she had given them too him in week 10 when he had been exceedingly poorly but still needed to dance a high energy routine, "thank you," she pecked his cheek.

"S'alright. So, have them then try and nap and hopefully you'll feel less sick when I wake you up."

He went to get up to do something, what, Dianne wasn't sure. She wasn't happy about it "don't go," she mewled holding her hand out.

"Really?"

"Just until I got back to sleep. I've had 10 days without you."

Joe smiled at her and squeezed her hand. He eventually sat down next to her and her hand landed in his lap. She pushed her face as close to his thigh as possible, "Thank you."