twenty-one

Sunday evening and Miley still hadn’t gotten over Maya’s deception

Sunday evening and Miley still hadn’t gotten over Maya’s deception. She and Alex were on her bed in their room, about learning for their final mid-term the next day. “I can’t believe she lied to me.”

“Maybe she had a good reason to.”

“Yeah, to murder Becca. She is probably the one who killed Kellan and Hanna too.”

“Take it easy on the accusations, she might not be the murderer.”

“Well, she was suspecting you and all the others even without any evidence so I’m doing no wrong by doing same.”

“Wait, what? She was suspecting me? For what? Killing Becca, Hanna and Kellan?”

Miley sighed, already sorry for her slipup. She was going to have to calm Alex the hell down with this one. “It’s nothing. She wasn’t thinking, just speaking. I really don’t know what to think, I’m actually really hurt that I fell for her easy tricks. She lied to the police and I stupidly did too, even though I knew the truth.”

“And what is the truth?”

“That she’s a murderer.”

“We are not sure about that, we don’t have any evidence that her lies and the murders are related.”

“That’s the exact same thing she said to me when I was of the opinion that we should tell the Sheriff. Little did I know that she was trying to hide her evil deeds so she could go home unscathed.”

“Like I said before, take it easy. You could be pointing fingers at an innocent person. I think you should stop worrying about that and learn for the mid-term we have tomorrow. We aren’t going to be tested on Maya and her deception.”

“Fine. But I’m confronting her tomorrow, I can’t just stand by and do nothing.”

“You should be careful though. If you strongly believe that she’s the Louboutin Killer – and I’m not saying that she is – you should take care and be alert. We don’t want any surprises.”

“I sure would. I’m going to find out the truth and then expose her.”

“Yes you will, but for now Calculus is our priority.” Alex said and passed a textbook to her.

“Sure, just until after the paper.” Miley muttered.

Maya was avoiding Miley, something she had never done to anyone before. Even when as a child she had been embarrassed in front of her class, she’d still held her head high and went about her normal activities. But Miley was no one to her, so why was she hiding? But she was just kidding herself if she kept pretending she didn’t know why she was hiding; Miley had probably already figured out that Maya had lied to her about sending a junior to the clinic and was undoubtedly pegging her as the Louboutin Killer.