ten

Both girls turned to see Maya leaning on a locker, a disinterested expression on her face

"Ransacked?" Miley repeated. "Why would anyone do that?"

"Beats me." Maya breathed and pushed herself up from the locker.

"I think we three should know why anyone would want to do that." Kellan said confidently, with her voice lowered.

Maya frowned in confusion, as did Miley.

"Seriously?" Kellan said, unbelieving, her voice even lower. She took both their hands and dragged them to the nearest spot they could talk without being overheard, the janitors closet. It was musty inside and the place smelt like bleach.

"Congratulations on bringing us to the best place to have a conversation." Maya said sarcastically, wrinkling her nose at the smell.

Kellan ignored her and went on. "So you guys are telling me that you don't know that her room was ransacked because of the video? Good job playing dumb."

"Are you referring to the video Hanna said she had of the thief?" Maya whispered, also toning down her voice.

"What else? What other reason would anyone have to mess up Hanna's room?"

"That makes sense." Miley mused.

"Of course it does. Hanna has evidence of the thief, who is now a murderer, thanks to Becca," Miley frowned at Kellan "and so it makes sense that she would be looking for the video to destroy them."

"You sound really sure. Your logic makes sense though, and I'm tempted to think of you as the thief-slash-murderer." Maya said.

"If I was I wouldn't be telling you all this, it'll be like revealing my deeds."

"That's exactly what I think, why would you tell us your plans when you should be hiding them like a real thief-slash-murderer?"

"Because I'm not. I know for a fact that I am not thief-slash-murderer."

"But we don't. We don't have proof of you not being the thief-slash-murderer."

"Stop saying thief-slash-murderer, it's irritating. And I did a lot of thinking this morning during my Business Law class and I came up with a reason why it could have been any of you."

"You did?" Maya said folding her arms, looking bored once more. "Enlighten us."

"When you called for the meeting at the hut that midnight, I got there first, and it took you guys a good ten minutes to arrive, and you didn't even come together."

"So your point is?"

"One of you during that time could've ransacked Hanna's room."

"Then that person would also have been the one to kill Becca. And what's you're theory on how she did that one too?"

"Well that's simple. She went to the lab and killed Becca and got to the Dorms just in time to mix in with the crowd, then went up to Hanna's room when she knew that the most of the school was going to be in the auditorium and searched for the video."

"Wow Kellan. That's truly an elaborate plan. And another way to try to deflect attention from yourself; making an effort to be of help or to at least look like you're helping. You know the more I think of it, you appear more and more likely to be the killer. Just say the truth and we'll try not to tell administration and not have you kicked out from the competition and into jail."

"Very funny, Maya."

"I was actually serious."

"I don't care. All I know is that one of you did it and I'm going to prove it."

"Don't you think that finding the identity of the person is going to get you killed, like in the case of Becca. That is unless you already know who the person is." Maya gave her a sly smile.

"I'm proving that one of you did it. Trust me."

"I have better things to do than dabble in amateur detective work. Good luck with finding your proof." Maya said, uncaring and walked out of the closet. Then she paused and looked back at them. "Don't forget that we have to be in the Broadcasting Studio for our campaign videos after school today." She said before she spun back and left.

Miley just shrugged and walked out next leaving a very determined self made detective, to herself.

A/N: Don't forget to vote and tell me your thoughts. Till next time.⭐ ⭐⭐

Death In Louboutin Stilettos ✔️On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara