Chapter 21

(Sorry for the long wait, bullshit with school, the coronavirus, and Mercury Retrograde. ) 

             I took a deep breath and dialed her number, it was a good five rings before she picked up "sí Mireya," her soft voice made my heart hurt. I swallowed my pride an hour ago; I knew I couldn't do this alone, so I called mom.

             "Mamá, yo no sé cómo diciste, pero estoy embarazada." Mom, I don't know how to tell you, but I am pregnant.

"¿Y cómo va hacer?" And how?

"Yo tenía sexo, no se que respuesta tú quiere." I had sex, I don't know what answer you want. I shushed her questions about who fathered the thing, I wanted her to come and help with the pregnancy and baby. I am alone and scared, bless my mom's heart but she agreed. What convinced her was that I would buy her ticket and only had to stay about two years until the baby can go to daycare. She wasn't as financially well off as I was, can't just travel willy nilly. My dad can survive two years without her just fine with my little brother. I smiled and soon hung up the phone only to dial another number, Anneli, for her it took a couple of rings.

"Moi!"

"Hi back, I have some amazing news."

"Give me a sec let me give Penelope her fruit snacks." Her line went silent for a good minute before she came back "alright, what is it?"

"I'm pregnant, can you tell Neveah for me?" She squealed and her line went silent again, I heard a deaf person's squeal as well.

"She says she is so happy when you find the gender tell us so we can send a care package."

"Will do, thank you so much. I'll text her later ok?"

"Hyvää yötä."

The congratulations and blessing texts started to swarm in from family, my heart swelled as I laid on the couch reading each one. With every letter, it started to become more of reality my hand rested on my stomach and I smiled softly I never thought I'd be in this position, pregnant after everything that has happened. My smile dropped though after the frightening thought passed my head with PCOS I'm at a high risk of miscarriage though. I shook my head, right now wasn't a time to be depressed, I needed to find Jason this is serious!

The drive was going to belong to get to Crystal Lake, about an hour and a half, it wouldn't be smart to go in broad daylight, so 10:30 pm it was. I stood from the couch and get myself some food. I went to my snack drawer and grabbed chocolates, candies, chips, and all my other comfort food to help me calm down a bit.

***

After letting the dogs back in and making sure all their bowls were filled, I headed out into the darkness. I threw my purse into the passenger seat and I started the car, my knuckles turned white on how tightly I was holding the steering wheel. My stomach churned with anticipation, what if the police were already there snooping around? What if he doesn't recognize me? What if when I tell him he will reject me? More what if's filled my mind as I drove.

Ten more miles till Camp Crystal Lake.

Eight more miles till Camp Crystal Lake.

Six more miles till Came Crystal Lake.

Four, two...

"Stop right now!" I yelped and slammed on the breaks and nearly avoided my head hitting the wheel, I glanced beside me seeing Pamela looking up ahead.

"What the fuck lady are you trying to kill me?"

"No, if you go that way" she motioned to the entrance at the camp no more than 500 ft away "you'll get caught. Right here, turn, there is a short cut here. You'll have to turn off your lights."