Chapter 15

Walking back into the house I grabbed some eggs and sunflower seed oil, frying eggs and softly humming. I felt hair brush against my thigh and I looked down "hi baby girl, wide awake? I'll open the door" I strolled to the glass door and slid it open. She lumbered out, not as energetic as she would be, she sniffed and seemed to be searching. I placed the eggs on a plate and glanced over to her calling her back inside. She leaned on me as I made myself breakfast, she huffed and stared at the spot Penny's high chair would be occasionally leaving my thigh to sniff the area and come back to whine "oh I know princess, I miss her too." It's fascinating how they connect so quickly I rubbed her ear and grinned at her foot tapping the floor. "Let's get your breakfast" I took the raw meat, I left thawing out when I first woke up, and set it into her bowl placing it on the floor. She heavy heartedly eats. I ate my chopped fruit as weighty footsteps could be heard stalking down the steps "morning Jay made you some eggs." He yawned and nodded sitting down grabbing a fork.

He knocked on the table to get my attention "yes?" 'What is Neveah's wife?' It took me a moment to process the question, "oh she's transgender, meaning she was born with a girl brain in a boy body. She suffered a lot of what's called 'gender dysphoria' which is the need to change the body to match your brain." I sighed "usually you hate what you see in the mirror and become desperate to change things. Some even go as far as to hurt themselves to make themselves feel better" I trailed off. My right hand petting my scarred face as I looked at the faded scars on my left arm; such a tenebrific time. My chest started to feel weighted, like if I was being crushed, my breath became shallow as my head started to ache with the memories. I didn't even notice my eyes were leaking until I felt arms wrap around my waist and a heavy head rest on my shoulder. "I just don't understand what people think when they point out my deformity and make jokes, like totally I am not aware that I am hideous. Thanks for reminding me again and fucking again, thanks for making it so crystal clear that I am terrifying and no one would ever love me, thanks for making it so fucking clear that I am an abomination." His arms applies more pressure to my waist turning me so my back wasn't resting on the chair but on his chest now. "I tried to kill myself, several times. I was so unhappy, and I felt so lonely, it was impossible to talk to people unless they went out of their way to talk to me which was rare. I tried to make everything seem ok and that I was comfortable with myself but it's a lie. I didn't want my only friends to worry."

I turned and buried my face into his neck, taking in his musky scent that calmed me down almost immediately. His large hand rubbed my back, tracing circles as I held on for dear life, "has anyone ever told you Jason that you are a blessing?" I looked up to see him shake his head, "to me you are." I sniffled and finally pulled away, "I should get to work, I feel better after that good cry. You watch over Precious for me. Maybe later today we can go hiking if you are up to it." He nodded eagerly as I headed to my office.

When I finally sent the last email I felt relief never gotta look at someone in the face and still get money I perched on my chair relishing in the solace of mind. Concluding hours of work was an amazing relief, especially to my spine and wrists, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I remember the real estate man mentioned a calm stream out in the woods that had a doc somewhere. Would be a good place to let Precious play, good to explore aswell. I hiked to my room with pins and needles down my legs, hiding hisses of suffering. In the bedroom I put on a two piece Amy so graciously gave me, it was a simple jam purple string bikini that emphasized my plump figure. Covering with basketball shorts and a loose t-shirt, I grabbed my bag placing my phone, floating toys, and bug spray inside. I took to the stairs and whistled for Precious "wanna go for a nature walk baby girl?" She zoomed around the couch where Jason laid, I leaned over and patted his shoulder "c'mon big guy" he looked up at me and smiled at me. His gum showing through his cleft lip, such a pretty smile, so pretty I thought to myself "let's go to the nature walk we discussed earlier" he leapt out of the couch and hugged me softly. "Let's go big man" I chortled a little as he gave a happy vocalization. His deep raspy voice vibrated my chest and brushed my body with warmth, I grabbed his wrist and lead him out into the blazing sun and open backyard. There was a door at the very back of the yard, just a simple chain link gate door with a lock. I unlocked it and let those two out, Precious ran off "don't worry she's coming back in 3...2..." suddenly Jason was smacked into and toppled over. She barked and ran off again we shared a laugh, I aided him. The forest was quiet beyond cicadas and rustles of leaves, then there it was. The sound of slow water, I grinned, "c'mon, follow me big guy" I heard his steps crunch behind me as a doc came into view, I gave a blasting whistled and paws rushed behind me and ran into the creek. I walked at the end of the dock and started stripped down. I glanced back and froze, he was shaking softly, so softly but I could still see it. I pulled the wedge out of my bottom, I waved him over and his steps lagged majorly.