Chapter 5

When I finished bathing, I walked to a room with a working lock. I walked in and I didn't hear the door shut. Looking back, I sighed "no we aren't doing this. Jason go sleep in your own room" he walked in like I said nothing. I put my hands on his chest and pushed him out, "no we'll find you a room." He tilted his head ok that's cute, wait what? I grabbed his wrist and lead him to a random room, I let go of him and walked out. I looked back and saw he followed me like a sick puppy, "no your room, your bed, you sleep here." I pointed to it and started walking only to hear him follow for god's sake he's like a child. I grabbed his wrist and sat him down "you sleep here, I sleep in my room we aren't sharing. You here, this bed, yours, go to sleep, here. Do you understand?" His eye twitched in annoyance. "If you do understand me then listen! Stop acting incompetent." I slapped my hand over my mouth.

I remember where I was forcibly mute, people just thought that since I couldn't talk I must've been stupid. I took a deep shaky breath and sighed "sorry, just, let me have my own space." I walked out and I didn't hear him follow this time. I locked my door and laid in my bed he smelled really bad Jesus Christ. I shivered as I tried to wrap myself in blankets, it's so cold! When morning came, I was extremely surprised, I was alive no bloody mess or frozen corpse. It felt warm again he must've got the fire going again. I changed into something comfortable but fashionable: commando with a black tank top and matching sweatpants.

I walked down the steps peeking to see him feeding the fire. I softly smiled to myself taking the last step and walked into the kitchen. Rosemary pancakes sound yummy right now I grabbed the flour I brought and a few other things. I started looking for a bowl to mix the ingredients, I opened a cabinet to see a mixing bowl on the top shelf. "Great, just great" I growled; guess I have to climb. I stepped onto the countertop and tried my best to keep my balance. When I grabbed the bowl, I shifted my foot to accommodate for the new needed space only to slip backwards. "KYAA!" Was all I could say before I was held against a stone chest, I felt three pats on my back; it took a moment before I looked up. I felt my face get warm.

"Thank you, Jason, um. Would you like pancakes?" He gave an excited nod. I softly smiled as he let me down, I started to make the batter I felt three pats on my back again. I didn't jump, it felt comforting the first man I like to touch me I softly giggled to myself at the thought. "I'm bored, let me get my laptop" I walked to my room and grabbed it, coming back I booted it up and connected it to my phone's hotspot. I put on some music, I mixed and kept adding spices to make it taste better like cinnamon and nutmeg. Suddenly someone was calling on Skype and I peered up.

"Neveah! Wow, it's been a couple of months" I stopped the music and opened the call. She signed 'hello sorry I've been MIA' I talk when I sign. To help her read lips "oh it's completely fine, why were you gone for so long?" Jason followed my hands and he leaned over to see her's 'well I suddenly got really busy. I have someone for you to meet' "ay Dios is it a puppy? Snake? Tell me!" I bounce happily where I stood "show me!" Jason tilted his head as she stood up and walked away, I saw the background it was a nursery. "Wait what" she then sat down with a newborn in her arm 'meet Penelope. I just had her two months ago' I squealed. "She is absolutely adorable, when I'm visiting Washington, I will hold that baby!" 'You know you don't have to sign to me, right?' "Well, I need to practice again since you left me. I thought we had something special" she broke into a soft giggle.

"Can I get a closeup? She is so cute!" She nodded and stood holding her closer to the camera, her eyes were like emeralds on her face. It complimented perfectly to her ginger red hair, I couldn't stop gushing. "Ok put the baby away before I get hopeless baby fever" 'hopeless?' "Yeah, men and I don't really mesh well. I always get friend-zoned or treated like a fragile doll" I sighed "or they were dared too. Remember Johnathan from junior high. Just rather not risk it" 'there will be someone out there' "probably in a sperm bank." We laughed again and said our goodbyes. I looked over at a confused Jason "what?" He waved his hands around pointing at me then the computer trying to replicate the signs.

I understood, "it's called American Sign Language or ASL. I had to learn it when I was originally burned because I wasn't recommended to move my lips much. I met her in the class she was the teacher's daughter, she is deaf, and she helped me a lot. I had to go to a disabled class because I was heavily bullied in regular where I took class with her. We've been best friends since and she has a baby now named Penelope and a wonderful wife and everything. I was the maid of honor" his eye widened. "Yes, she's a lesbian, its legal for same-sex marriage since like 2016, where have you been?" He blinked and moved his hands around, "do you want to learn?" He nodded, I softly smiled and started to cook the pancakes.

When I was finished, I called him over, sitting on the far side of the island. He slowly sat down and stared, he poked the food with his fork. I sighed and stood up grabbing the plate "if you didn't want it you could've said no-" he grabbed my wrist and forced me to place the plate back down. He growled and I let go of the plate yanking my hand away "what do you want then?" I huffed, lifted his mask to only show his lips he cut himself a piece and ate it. I sat back down and started to eat "you don't have to be afraid to show your face you know Jason. I am definitely not that person to judge appearances" I gently touched my scar and sighed. "Maybe it isn't as bad as being born with a malformation. Those fucking kids ruined my life." I looked up he made a 'go on' motion with his hand.

"When I was eleven I had really long hair naturally. And my mom styled it with linseed oil which is very flammable. So, I had this cute fro-bangs going on that led to cornrows into a ponytail of beads. I was sweating a lot that day, so the linseed oil evenly spread over the left side of my face where my bangs were and." I took a deep shaky breath. "So these three triplets, I don't know if they are racist or what, I mean they called me a spic and greaser, but one of those bastards took a lighter while his brothers held me still and lit my bangs on fire" I wipe the tears from my eyes as he stood up. "Then as my face and hair burned, they shoved me down the stairs. I couldn't go to school for two years because of my burns, my badly broken leg and copious amounts of therapy needed for me to heal. Now I'm forever ugly because a few racist bastards didn't like my hair" I started sobbing. I then felt warm arms around me, I turned into his chest and cried as he rubbed my back.

He pulled my head back and stroked my scarred cheek breathing heavily, I turned away from the smell "Jason I am flattered but please wash up or I'll have to" he backed up. "Seriously you are sweet but the smell ruins it. Come on let's go" he crossed his arms. I grabbed him and he resisted, I suddenly jumped onto his back and tugged his ears making him groan in pain. With this, I guided him to the bathroom. Once there I shut the door and he started to stomp his foot like a child. "Oh stop, you can't drown in a bathtub. And if you do remember I know CPR," that seem to comfort him.

Walking back into the bathroom with my body products he sat in the tub hesitating to turn it on, "I know how it feels to be afraid. If it makes you feel better, I am here to protect you" he seemed to calm down. "Jason, you need to take off your clothes and that mask to bathe. I'll look away and you can use a towel to cover your penis" he tilted his head "where you pee from." He nodded and I handed him a towel, I turn around and heard the shuffling of clothes. I felt his ungloved hand grace the back of my neck and I shivered. I softly bit my lip it's calloused like he's a farmer that's been slinging hay all day. I gulped and turned around, he towered over me covered in dirt, grime, and maybe dried blood. His other hand gripped the towel over his privates how about you drop it. I shook my head; I plug up the bathtub and poured in the four large pots of hot water. I then filled it the rest with cold water "it's warm enough" I held his hand as he hesitantly stepped in. I then sat him down "alright take the mask off" he slipped it off.

Oh, my Jesus Mary and Joseph, he looked exactly the same as he was when he was young, droopy eye, large nose but with one eyebrow, a five o'clock shadow and some hair on his head. (An: like in part 2. But the outfit in part 3). I felt my face go hot and I look away "you aren't as bad as I thought" I giggled as I squirt body wash onto the rag. I started scrubbing his back, shoulders, and chest honestly, I was mainly doing it to feel the muscles AND CLEAN HIM OF COURSE. I was as gentle as a feather when it came to shampooing. "You can wash your privates, don't forget your butt" I gave him the washrag and walked to the far side of the room and turned around. I could hear the water drip as he stood up, "I think you're good. Just wash off I need to go" I rushed out of the room.

I quickly finished my pancakes I wonder if that malformation is genetic. I mean it looked like his mom didn't have it. Wait why am I thinking of this? I slapped my head and got ready rushing out of the cabin. I went back to the registration cabin and searched through more files to find any police reports on the accident. There was absolutely nothing like it's been wiped clean where do I look now, wait can't I just ask him?