Chapter 6

It was pitch black when I came back to the cabin. It was quiet and freezing meaning Jason has been gone for a while. I coughed harshly "damn I didn't use a scarf" I coughed again walking to my room. I laid down only taking off my snow boots if I can't find anything this whole trip will be pointless, I coughed louder. I woke up to my shoulder being shaken, I slowly opened my eyes and looked at the hand then the arm then the hockey mask. "What is it?" My voice was raspy he held his arms out like he wanted a hug "why? Did your mom do it to you when you were sick?" He nodded good guess Mireya I leaned forward and let him hug me tightly. It was a bear hug, so large and warm felt hood against the cold room. When he let go, I stared at him "I need rest, do you promise that if I put on a sign language playlist will you let me sleep?" He nodded like an excited child.

I grabbed my laptop and put on a teaching playlist and handed it to him, "k is to pause, and j is to reverse ten seconds if need be." I snuggled into my bed and dozed off. In a night of deep sleep I woke up in the bottom of a water pit, I think? I swam up to see I was in a cave, "wow, amazing" I smiled as the lights reflected off the water. I swam to the edge and got out "god it's cold" I glance down "oh I'm in my birthday suit. Back in the water." I slipped back in. I heard a large splash behind me, and I looked only to see ripples. I gulped and saw a black mass swim towards me, I tried to get out, but the rock was suddenly slippery, and I couldn't get a good grip. I felt the water right behind me ripple and water dripped. I slowly turned around and gulped.

It was from Jason! But in his birthday suit as well, I tried to keep my eyes from peering down. "I thought you were afr-" I was stopped with hands around my neck and he shoved me down. I clawed and kicked but his grip was too strong, my lungs burned, and my vision blurred as bubbles covered everything. I felt the bone in my neck pop, and it ended. Everything ended, all gone, done.

I shot up and screamed, seeing Jason hop off the bed and crashing to the floor. How can I be so stupid? He stood up and turned I screamed again scooting away 'it's ok. It was only a nightmare' "how long have I've been asleep?" I panted trying to regain my sanity 'five hours. I practiced a lot' "I can...see that." I stood up and started to pack, "I gotta go. It was fun meeting y-you." I try to keep my voice steady. He grabbed my shoulder and I screamed leaping away. He didn't sign anything, only walked out of the room. I continued quickly and got into my car. The snow started to melt which was good and bad how can I be so stupid? He is a serial KILLER, probably trying to trick me and put me in a false sense of security before killing me. Maybe make me a sex slave before brutally murdering me.

"Get home, get home, get home. Don't look back, forget about it" I drove down the highway with tears in my eyes. It took hours before I got to my apartment, shaking I unlock my door and was practically tackled by my Doberman Precious. I pet her and she bared her teeth in affection, I quickly locked my door and every window "I am going to die" I fell to the floor crying as Precious licked and cuddled me.

It felt like hours before I calmed down, I took some cold medicine and went to bed. Am I so desperate that I would fall for a serial killer? Even then he wouldn't love me, we are too different.